User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-May-14 08:12:43
Print Post

Re: Xilo...can not connect again

[re: uno] [link to this post]

No Matt i haven't and i struggled to write that post on my S4 Phone as i can see this morning that the post made little sense and lots of typos.

Everything seems fine at present and the internet is working this morning.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 18-May-14 08:56:28
Print Post

Re: Xilo...can not connect again

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Heh!

We see many much worse garbled posts from people with perfect internet connections. It was obvious what your difficulty was, and the post was quite clear in the circs smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 18-May-14 08:57:12)

Standard User FastShow
(regular) Sun 18-May-14 09:08:11
Print Post

Re: Xilo TTB outage?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Both are bad. Threaded mode becomes useless once there are enough replies to make the indenting exceed the window width. Try finding a single new post in a threaded view when there are hundreds of replies.

Flat view sucks because threaded view exists. People don't quote who they're replying to because it's assumed most are on threaded, so you end up with this ridiculous situation where you have a flat thread where people are replying to other people 20 or 30 posts further up, our maybe immediately above them, our maybe the OP, with no simple way of following the conversation.

I think this place is am invaluable resource but these forums are terrible in so many ways I'm genuinely surprised to find someone defending them.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bernado
(regular) Sun 18-May-14 10:29:57
Print Post

[re: FastShow] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by FastShow:
People don't quote who they're replying to because it's assumed most are on threaded, so you end up with this ridiculous situation where you have a flat thread where people are replying to other people 20 or 30 posts further up, our maybe immediately above them, our maybe the OP, with no simple way of following the conversation.

This is true and no matter what features may be inbuilt, if people don't like using them they are redundant in my opinion. It is tempting to blame this on user laziness or lack of awareness, but these days user experience/feedback is what drives design.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 18-May-14 10:50:34
Print Post

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

It's quite simple in Flat mode if you want to reply to a post, you click on the Reply button in the top RH corner.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Sun 18-May-14 10:56:48
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I agree, however looking at this particular thread it's now getting "messy" to view on screen unless you click on Flat...

I can see both points to this

CJT.

Now On Virgin Media Up to 50Mbps
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 18-May-14 11:18:54
Print Post

In the header of every post is a link to the one it is "a reply" to, i.e. the one where th Reply button was pressed.

I find nearly all the other forums a pain for exactly the converse of the reason you give. Most of the time here is no clue who or what people are replying too. They don't quote or @. If you are closely following the thread it is OK, if you drop in on it after 10 posts or so it is a nightmare.

I use these forums an awful lot. As I said earlier, I had no trouble with bog standard feature phones, and an SIII or iPad is a doddle.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-May-14 12:50:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by FastShow:
I think this place is am invaluable resource but these forums are terrible in so many ways I'm genuinely surprised to find someone defending them.

+1
Phew, I thought it was just me!

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Edited by DrTeeth (Sun 18-May-14 12:50:52)

Standard User juzzy25
(member) Sun 18-May-14 18:43:03
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

Looks like Xilo service on TTB has gone out again, because it's a Sunday no one has updated the Status webpage and I've logged a ticket, router showing exactly the same symptoms.

Just thought I'd tip other Xilo users off, and maybe Matt just in case he's reading.

Someone at Xilo really needs to kick the wholesale accounts team ass over the TTB network issue. I'm not bothered about my mobile broadband bill, I'm more bothered by the shaky and flaky connection I'm getting.

Xilo Internet User and Happy!
Standard User bernado
(regular) Sun 18-May-14 18:57:28
Print Post

[re: juzzy25] [link to this post]

I have to say Xilo TTB is fine for me now, I've been doing a lot of online gaming today and no problem at all. I've been running a quality monitor throughout the day and it's totally stable.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to