User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 08-Jul-14 12:37:51
Print Post

Re: Transfer advice please

[re: spon] [link to this post]

Business services can be prioritised through the BT Wholesale Cloud, fault-finding and (Openreach) fixing similarly, and the ISP Help service is normally superior to their residential one. You may find an SLA (Service Level Agreement) in the T & Cs.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 61.8/15.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Tue 08-Jul-14 12:38:38
Print Post

Spon, havn't looked in detail at Zen and A&A business service, but often there are SLAs built into them regarding downtime of line/service and openreach targets to attend.

One you may like to consider is TalkTalk Business (Totally seperate from talktalk retail). Their service is very good with some great SLAs built in and free address moves if you need them and total traffic priority. I came extremely close to using them myself, and may still end up that route once fibre comes in (Xilo can't currently offer me the package I want then)

Glad Xilo responded quickly, certainly thats how they have been with me.
Woody

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User rhetherington
(member) Thu 10-Jul-14 06:06:48
Print Post

Things went fine.

It looks like the switch over actually happened around 02:45 this morning. Connection was down when i got up this morning, so popped my new login details into the router and am now with Zen.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User spon
(member) Thu 10-Jul-14 09:29:16
Print Post

[re: rhetherington] [link to this post]

Excellent. Thanks for the update. I'm away for a couple of weeks soon so may hold off until I'm back. However Zen do look like a good option. If there are any major issues, if you can take time to post back that would be great. Thanks for your help.
Dave

up the down escalator..........
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Jul-14 12:46:55
Print Post

I transferred from IDNet to Zen several months ago, and there was no discernable downtime. Kept my modem and router.

Service and uptime have been excellent. Only downside is that they have been "assessing" ipv6 for the past 8 years, with only vague promises that it will eventually be released - but not in the short to medium term

David

BT (poor) -> Zen (excellent) -> O2 (started well, went downhill -> IDNet (No complaints - but 100GB cap) -> Zen (unlimited- but no ipv6)
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Jul-14 19:28:42
Print Post

[re: rhetherington] [link to this post]

well its Thursday and no update.
Its either:

* Not been transferred, well they do have to midnight on the day to complete tasks
* Transferred and is now not working
* Transferred and the OP is busy with the new connection smile

IanD
Standard User rhetherington
(member) Thu 10-Jul-14 20:24:00
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

I did post an update this morning.

The switchover happened in the middle of the night, and i had no problems connecting to Zen when i got up this morning and changed my login details on the router.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to