User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 16-Sep-14 21:30:03
Print Post

Re: Vodafone business a joke

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Vodafone took over C&W's network.
Demerger 2010

Cable and Wireless plc demerged and Cable & Wireless Communications became an independently listed company. Our former sister company, Cable & Wireless Worldwide, was subsequently bought by Vodafone Group on 27 July 2012

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 16-Sep-14 21:41:21
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

confused I was going by your linked BBC 2012 article which says ''The takeover will add a UK fixed-line network to Vodafone's existing mobile network''.

So what's the upshot? As of today, does or does not Vodafone own any LLU nodes?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User bossian
(newbie) Tue 16-Sep-14 22:08:22
Print Post

Glenfield, Leicester.

C&W are a LLU operator in this exchange....but as I said, Vodafone only offer upto 8mb ADSL service

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 16-Sep-14 22:27:34
Print Post

As I said, it's all a bit confused.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 16-Sep-14 22:48:07
Print Post

Vodafone may or may not offer a wholesale backhaul connection service using the C & W DSLAMs, with Daisy backhaul from those. I don't really know but think they do. I think the physical network they bought is primarily for their mobile network.

They certainly do not offer retail broadband under their own name, and I don't think they offer a user-to-peering wholesale product.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User ConfusedDaze
(newbie) Tue 16-Sep-14 22:56:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

They definitely offer FTTC connections to carry OneNet comms into customer premises over C&W LLU products so its strange that they don't offer FTTC broadband.

They also definitely do ADSL2+,ADSL2,SDSL and ADSL products over their C&W LLU network - again to carry specific targeted levels of bandwidth into a customers premises.

Why they don't do any of this for straight up broadband, I have no idea.

Then again, nothing surprises me when it comes to Vodafone UK.

Thanks
ConfusedDaze

Edited by ConfusedDaze (Tue 16-Sep-14 23:00:00)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 16-Sep-14 23:04:43
Print Post

[re: ConfusedDaze] [link to this post]

Are you sure it is Vodafone backhaul, or Daisy backhaul from Vodafone (C & W) DSLAMs at the exchange? Tracert may tell you.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 16-Sep-14 23:05:09)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 17-Sep-14 00:27:18
Print Post

Yes, I'm aware they are not a retail ISP; just strictly a wholesale operation, which should apply to OP.

What's 'user-to-peering'? Do you just mean they way/route they hand off users to the wider Internet? Then surely they need to do this to operate as a (business) ISP?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User path6336
(member) Wed 17-Sep-14 08:51:27
Print Post

O2 sold out to Sky - according to the O2 Business team who contacted me it's only the Consumer side - O2 still operate their own dedicated business offerings - they won't say who it runs through though!
Shame they only contacted me after I had migrated to Xilo.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 17-Sep-14 08:55:56
Print Post

[re: path6336] [link to this post]

Easynet perhaps?

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to