User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User stevepressman
(member) Sat 11-Jul-15 17:34:07
Print Post

Coms changing to Timico

[link to this post]

I guess most of us Coms customers have now received notice that from the 20/7/15 they will be porting us over to the new ISP Timico. I noticed with interest that the T&C are going to be the same as far as I can see. One thing that caught my eye was when I visited the Timico Fibre Broadband page on their site that they offer unlimited usage see here:

http://www.timico.co.uk/unlimitedfibre/business

However in my email it states "The price, download speed and monthly usage allowance of your current service will remain unchanged. Timico operates a high quality broadband network which is relied on by many thousands of businesses and home users nationwide."

I was wondering since new and existing customers to their broadband service get unlimited service is it unfair that I/we get stuck with the same allowance each month?

I have PM Neil from Timico as to this and about the Coms traffic management as to what will happen with that.

Hoping things will change big time with Timico, for sure it can not get worse or can it ????

DJ Steve

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 11-Jul-15 18:25:53
Print Post

Re: Coms changing to Timico

[re: stevepressman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by stevepressman:
I was wondering since new and existing customers to their broadband service get unlimited service is it unfair that I/we get stuck with the same allowance each month?
How much do you pay for what allowance. ADSL24/Coms prices were also Vat inclusive weren't they? The ones on the page you give are all plus Vat.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User stevepressman
(member) Sat 11-Jul-15 20:27:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Currently paying approx £42 with the odd phone call now and again which is pennies in the scope of things Roberto, this is for line rental and 500GB a month peak and unlimited off peak and a static IP. So I guess it works out about the same price maybe a little cheaper for me.

Steve

PS

I have just seen that the Tinico offer is with a calls bundle which I do not have at present but I so rarely use the landline anyways smile

Edited by stevepressman (Sat 11-Jul-15 20:30:51)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Gari
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Jul-15 20:50:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The ADSL24 refugees on Coms paid £17.90 inc VAT for 100GB peak usage, with off peak 8pm-8am usage being unlimited.

From what I can see, after the 6 months half price offer on Timico (£15 inc vat) the price of unlimited is £30 inc VAT

So it' s not a fair comparison
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Jul-15 00:28:53
Print Post

I left Coms 6 week ago and never looked back. Funny thing i found with Coms was they prided themselves on being experts in internet based voice communication yet they blocked xbox live party chat because it came under p2p

They clearly didnt want ex adsl24 customers who were home users and just wanted business customers, hence throttling the life out of our connection

Edited by bobble_bob (Sun 12-Jul-15 00:29:38)

Standard User deleted
(deleted) Mon 13-Jul-15 11:06:56
Print Post

Hi Steve,

We're migrating customers across on an identical speed, price and usage allowance to what they are currently on. If customers then want to get in touch with us after the migration and change their package (upgrade, downgrade, move to fibre, etc.) they can do so no problem and we'll aim to be as competitive as we can.

Like many ISPs we have different customers on different prices and products depending on what was on offer at the time they joined us and whether they've agreed to a new deal since then.

We're aware of some customers who've been unhappy with the bandwidths and speeds on the Coms broadband network historically. Because most Timico customers are businesses, our peak times on the network are typically 9am to about 5pm - 'normal' business hours if you like. So evening and weekend traffic on the network is usually much lower. We've added extra bandwidth to our network for Coms customers and expect the largely residential customers from ADSL24 will effectively 'fill in the gaps' when our network is normally quiet anyway.

We do use traffic management at peak times so certain time-sensitive protocols are prioritised when the network is very busy, so things like P2P will slow down during week days, but to my knowledge nothing is ever blocked. There's a network management policy on our website> http://www.timico.co.uk/terms-policies

Hope that helps.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 13-Jul-15 11:13:23
Print Post

[re: deleted] [link to this post]

Coms never officially blocked p2p but limited the speed to 5kb/s so was effectively blocked as no way its usable at those speeds
  Print Thread

Jump to