User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Feb-19 09:38:53
Print Post

Re: Uno TTB

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

The databases are accurate and work perfectly well for all other ISPs. I expect their site software has a special filter to aid their positive reviews!

Edited by professor973 (Sat 16-Feb-19 09:42:23)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 16-Feb-19 19:55:22
Print Post

Re: Uno TTB *DELETED*

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Post deleted by seb
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Sun 17-Feb-19 09:25:56
Print Post

" for all other ISPs"

OTHER being the operative word.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 17-Feb-19 10:48:30
Print Post

The problem, whatever it is, obviously isnít going to get fixed for the half dozen or fewer people we know are affected. Itís getting boring when it is brought up every time this ISP is mentioned. It is nothing whatsoever to do with the OPís question.

There is no doubt that uno is one of the better ISPs. This problem with their ordering system does not affect the quality of their service in any way. As those who have been on it have testified. All the OP is worried about is keeping his special offer price, and uno have replied here about that.

Three more of their apparently contented users have also posted in this thread, addressing the OPís question. I shall continue to recommend them when I consider them appropriate. As most requests seem to be for unlimited data at prices below the published ones for Plusnet and TalkTalk that is less often than I would like.

Please can those who in the past have found the ordering system rejects them for whatever reason just give it a rest? Permanently. It looks like it ainít gonna change! Though maybe there is a system update coming, suggested earlier in the thread. However even if there is there has been no suggestion this ďcomputer says noĒ problem will be addressed by it.

Continued griping from two or three affected, who as I read it have no longer have any intention of joining them anyway even if they could, just messes up a large number of unrelated normal enquiries or requests for help. Such as this thread.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 17-Feb-19 13:30:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Fair enough - but just for the record I would if I could. But I can't so it'll have to be one of the above. I might be one of a few but I have tried the postcode of every house I rent - all over the country from Cornwall to Glasgow and not one can get it - so it's actually more than 2 or 3 people.

Personally if they can't be arsed to sort their database out - then it is a perfect example of the support - or lack of I would get anyway - so that in itself solves that one

I'l shut up about it anyway - fair comment

Edit - even a house I own in Sheffield which is less than a mile away as the crow flies from UNO can't get it and neither can a company directly next door - who are on the same exchange! (I think the office is just a postal address anyway as they use a 0203 code on their lines anyway)

What a joke.

Edited by 23Prince (Sun 17-Feb-19 13:35:34)

Standard User gary333
(learned) Mon 18-Feb-19 14:30:49
Print Post

I checked my parents number. They have Now TV Broadband. The cabinet they are connected to is two houses away from the FTTC cabinet so they can get the full speed (although as they are tight, they only have ADSL).

For their number it comes up with the error you say on Uno. I then checked the number on the Openreach DSL checker and it has a similar error.

I then tried my uncles BT line. His comes up fine on both Uno and Openreach. Both houses are in the same village but on different cabinets.
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Feb-19 15:45:42
Print Post

Maybe their system knows who you are and just doesn't want the agro.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-Feb-19 21:32:12
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Maybe their system knows who you are and just doesn't want the agro.

Is that the best you got? such a shame.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-Feb-19 21:32:49
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

it is a shame but as others have said - they seem to be happy this way - so best of luck to them.
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Feb-19 09:47:25
Print Post

In the past you have boasted about using many GB's per day and also moaned constantly about all sorts of issues. Recently you've been helpful.

As an aside:

"such" at the start of a sentence is "Such".

"You got" is an Americanism. It should be "you've got"

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to