User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Sat 12-Jan-19 18:54:01
Print Post

Ghost Gamer Broadband

[link to this post]

Hey all,

I'm a gamer and heavy user, and have come across Ghost Gamer Broadband that runs on a company called Structured Communications Ltd. back haul.

I know their connections are quite expensive, however I'm fed up of out sourced call centres and script readers when problems come up. I'm also one for the smaller guy and don't mind paying a bit more if the service deserves it, as Vodafone have agreed to release me from my contract, I've come across these guys.

Just wondering if there are any users here of either Ghost or Structured Communications?
Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Wed 29-May-19 19:42:11
Print Post

Re: Ghost Gamer Broadband

[re: Bryer] [link to this post]

So thought I'd give you guys an update on how I'm finding the connection, customer service and network performance.

Connection - Rock solid IPv4 and IPv6. Static IP's for both, that have been flawlessly managed by them. Pings around 7-11ms, which is more than adequate for myself.

Customer Service - Spot on. Email ticket system to begin with, and if they think you need a call, they call you, otherwise most things are resolved within 24 hours via a ticket system. Only had to contact them twice since going live and they've been bang on each time.

Network performance - No buffering, speed decreases at peak time, and solid speeds throughout the day on single and multi-threaded downloads. They seem to get their services from AAISP, and are completely unlimited bandwidth.

I'd highly recommend them if you're looking for reliable, solid and great support and don't really worry about paying the extra costs that this brings.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Wed 29-May-19 20:18:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by Bryer:
They seem to get their services from AAISP, and are completely unlimited bandwidth.

Iím afraid their ďunlimitedĒ usage policy isnít truly unlimited as they have a 1TB fair usage policy which isnít a huge amount for heavy users. Probably ok for light/moderate users though.

https://www.structuredcommunications.co.uk/internet-...

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Wed 29-May-19 20:35:38
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

That's not applicable to Ghost Gamer Broadband. Burnt through 1TB on several occassions.

You're referring to the FTTP services on the business plans from Structured Communications.

Edited by Bryer (Wed 29-May-19 20:38:05)

(knowledge is power) Wed 29-May-19 21:38:24
Print Post

You're referring to the FTTP services on the business plans from Structured Communications.

Nope, they show a 1TB usage limit on home/residential FTTP connections. On their home page here clicking on internet>Home FTTP broadband shows the following:

https://postimg.cc/CnywNp1c

If indeed 'ghost gamer' FTTC/P services are truly unlimited then it would make no sense for a heavy bandwidth user to sign up with Structured Communications directly where their FTTP (and FTTC?) services come with a 1TB FUP for almost the same monthly price! Remember, its the same company behind both brands and their bandwidth costs will be the same on both ghost gamer & SC brands.

Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Wed 29-May-19 21:47:30)

Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Thu 30-May-19 02:43:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:

Nope, they show a 1TB usage limit on home/residential FTTP connections. On their home page here clicking on internet>Home FTTP broadband shows the following:

https://postimg.cc/CnywNp1c

If indeed 'ghost gamer' FTTC/P services are truly unlimited then it would make no sense for a heavy bandwidth user to sign up with Structured Communications directly where their FTTP (and FTTC?) services come with a 1TB FUP for almost the same monthly price! Remember, its the same company behind both brands and their bandwidth costs will be the same on both ghost gamer & SC brands.

You keep referring to FTTP only, I'm not a FTTP customer, as I don't live in a area covered by either FTTP, FTTPoD (stop sell on all orders) or VM.

I've had the conversation with the the tech department at Ghost, they have assured me that GGB is not governed by the 1TB on FTTC products.

But hey, as per normal Frogmella, you're making assumptions and aren't a user of the service that I am.

Thanks for the input though.

PS - Structured Communications is a business ISP, so only really aiming their packages at the business market, and as with most business ISP's they have a usage FUP.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-May-19 09:57:23
Print Post

Ghost Gamer does indeed come with a Fair Use Policy cap of 1TB per month for security of network. Still misleading of unlimited usage allowance. They should REMOVED Unlimited.

IDNet does have gaming but truely unlimited usage with no cap https://gaming.idnet.uk/

Edited by adslmax (Thu 30-May-19 10:06:19)

Standard User PhilipD
(experienced) Thu 30-May-19 10:20:11
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Hi

All ISPs have a fair usage policy somewhere in their contracts, just often not worded as such. IDNet terms and conditions state:

From their T&Cs

We shall be entitled to terminate the Agreement without the need to give any notice in writing to you upon the occurrence of any one or more of the following events: if we in our opinion believe that termination of the Service is necessary to protect our goodwill or reputation and/or of our services or products (or necessary to protect the service provided by us to other users); if we in our opinion believe that you are in breach of the provisions of Clause 3 or Clause 4 of these Conditions; the receipt by us of any complaint, letter before action, or proceedings by any third party in relation to the manner of your use of the Service, or the content of any material published by you through the use of the Service.

So that's a fair usage clause just written in another way. How or when they would use that clause I don't know and sometimes having an actual usage amount specified is the fairest thing.

One thing we should accept that just because something advertises "Unlimited" doesn't actually translate to unlimited no matter what smile

Regards

Phil
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-May-19 10:54:11
Print Post

[re: PhilipD] [link to this post]

But IDNet print large icons on the site here: https://ibb.co/m6Z7Ck9
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-May-19 11:31:13
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

I think some smaller, lesser known ISPs still haven't caught up with the times as they continue to plaster 'unlimited usage' as not meaning truly unlimited.

Anyway I called up Ghost Gamer this morning (spoke to Kurt), enquiring about pricing, they said they do indeed have a 'soft cap' of 1TB monthly usage on all (ie both their FTTC & FTTP) home broadband services. I was told if this 1TB limit was continually breached then they would ask the customer to reduce his/her usage. Not for me, no thanks frown

Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Thu 30-May-19 11:32:48)

Standard User bowdon
(committed) Thu 30-May-19 11:40:35
Print Post

I was just looking at the ghost gamer broadband website. I agree with you it seems to be mostly aimed at adsl and fttc connections, and there is no mention of a 1tb monthly limit from what I can see.

But the website seems a bit tricky to navigate. How can you see what packages ggb are selling without entering your phone number? Usually websites show the packages on full view?

From the terms and conditions I dont see anything about a fair usage policy. Maybe I'm missing the page its on?

PS, just noticed baby_frogmella's reply. 1TB limit in todays age seems very restrictive.

BT Infinity 2 - ECI Cabinet

Edited by bowdon (Thu 30-May-19 11:43:45)

Standard User HazDS
(newbie) Tue 23-Jul-19 16:45:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
I think some smaller, lesser known ISPs still haven't caught up with the times as they continue to plaster 'unlimited usage' as not meaning truly unlimited.

Anyway I called up Ghost Gamer this morning (spoke to Kurt), enquiring about pricing, they said they do indeed have a 'soft cap' of 1TB monthly usage on all (ie both their FTTC & FTTP) home broadband services. I was told if this 1TB limit was continually breached then they would ask the customer to reduce his/her usage. Not for me, no thanks frown

Hey guys,

Kurt here, we did used to have a soft cap but due to feedback from the community we can confirm we no longer have any soft caps on any of our products, you can check out our updated terms and conditions on our website.

Many thanks,

Kurt @ Ghost Gamer Broadband

Edited by HazDS (Tue 23-Jul-19 16:45:58)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to