User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 17-Jul-19 23:12:22
Print Post

Re: Uno Duo VDSL

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I believe the assured rate is the rate that they would take any action with their wholesale provider if the actual throughput is lower (than the assured rate).

I may still get what I get now on Duo Advanced, but Uno are going to be in a significantly worse position in terms of escalating to their wholesale network provider if there are performance issues.

For me, it comes down to a question about whether I potentially want to risk compromising my broadband connection to save money (and the saving is not inconsiderable - £14 per month compared to the monthly equivalent of my annual fee with IDNet).

I get the feeling that this is a product designed to compete with the mass market products and may be found wanting by more discerning users (e.g. typical TBB forumites), but that is just conjecture.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Thu 18-Jul-19 00:57:28
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jaydub:
I get the feeling that this is a product designed to compete with the mass market products...

I agree it does feel like that frown
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-Oct-19 00:43:34
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

@ jaydub
Uno is a brilliant ISP and I left them recently with a very heavy heart. Why? 'Cos Virgin Media laid fibre down my street (coax to the house) and I am getting 15-20x the speed I had with FTTC. Had I been getting much better speeds, I would have stayed. I am not connected to my closest cabinet and that does not help, of course.

You will be very well looked after at Uno.

Cheers

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-Oct-19 23:13:31
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

@DrTeeth,

I know that Uno are a really, really good ISP.

However, I just can't see any logic in moving from a rock solid IDNet Btw with an 80-20 sync connection to Uno when they advertise their 80-20 Fibre+ package with an assured rate of 40 Mbps and their Duo Advanced 80-20 product with an assured rate of 20Mbps.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to