User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User funkydan
(newbie) Sun 10-Nov-19 16:04:56
Print Post

What happened to Vivaciti.

[link to this post]

Does anyone know what happened to Vivaciti Broadband ?.
I was with them for a few years but jumped ship when I had billing issues. After looking at the business practices of the owner closing and starting new companies I lost all confidence in them.
Their website is still active but all the links to their pages are dead.
Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Nov-19 15:41:21
Print Post

Re: What happened to Vivaciti.

[re: funkydan] [link to this post]

No idea i left them and then they started sending letters saying i owed them £12 and were threatening court even though i left with all my bills paid so after that i hoped they did badly tbh.

Vodafone FTTP - 500/500

VOXI - 4G

Edited by epyon (Thu 14-Nov-19 15:41:28)

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 15-Nov-19 20:10:11
Print Post

I'm not sure why you cant access pages on the site, I just looked, its working for me, i'm still with them after several years, the service generally works ok for me, despite the fact that the copper in my street is well past its sell by date (Openreach engineers opinion)

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VIVACITI 80/20 FTTC
SWPM PCP29 - Still suffering Random drops and intermittent high error counts

BQM - looking better than it has been....
From 28k on Global Internets Dial up....via ISDN and ADSL to FTTC with Vivaciti... what a ride it has been!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 16-Nov-19 00:44:30
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Link please, as soon after the OP posted I got to what I thought was the Home Page, but no link from it worked.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User user7423
(committed) Sat 16-Nov-19 07:06:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Link please, as soon after the OP posted I got to what I thought was the Home Page, but no link from it worked.

Same here at the time and just tried again, clicking any link leads to a blank, white page.
Standard User funkydan
(newbie) Sat 16-Nov-19 11:15:11
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by warweezil:
I'm not sure why you cant access pages on the site, I just looked, its working for me, i'm still with them after several years, the service generally works ok for me, despite the fact that the copper in my street is well past its sell by date (Openreach engineers opinion)

This is a link to their homepage that I and I presume others landed on. http://www.vivaciti.net/

I left after Vivacti started using Entanet for their billing. They mucked up the account my direct debit payments were taken from and then said they had no record of the bank account details I gave them and no record of the direct debit details either which I found concerning as they had been taking payments from the account for a year.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 16-Nov-19 11:34:34
Print Post

[re: user7423] [link to this post]

I stand corrected... I clicked on the broadband link which opened another page ok and assumed all was well, but its below that level that the site falls over. But the fact remains I'm still with them and its still Vivaciti that is invoicing and collecting from me each month. It's scary to realise how long I've been with them. After dumping UKFSN, I was already with Vivaciti when fibre finally arrived at my cab.. I booked a connection for xmas 2014 iirc, luckily all went ok, I actually passed the cab when the engineer was working on mine and onther connection for that day.

The service just works for me although the copper here prevents it from being as good as it could be but those issues go all the way back to 512k on Pipex and several engineers have said the copper here is past its best and could really do with replacing (which they said would never happen unless there was a huge failure) in fact I understand that at one stage they swapped out my pair for another belonging to my elderly neighbour who doesnt have broadband which gave my service some more stability.

I'm rather concerned with the reports of unrest at enta who afaik are the underlaying providers of my service. I've seen issues of staff unhappiness impact on the customer experience before. I'm moving in the new year... so this may be near the end of my hitch with them... we'll see.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VIVACITI 80/20 FTTC
SWPM PCP29 - Still suffering Random drops and intermittent high error counts

BQM - looking better than it has been....
From 28k on Global Internets Dial up....via ISDN and ADSL to FTTC with Vivaciti... what a ride it has been!
Standard User funkydan
(newbie) Mon 18-Nov-19 16:16:07
Print Post

I was just wondering if they were still going as their website doesn't seem to be maintained anymore.
I'm flummoxed how they expect to get new customers.
  Print Thread

Jump to