User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Binary_Digit
(member) Mon 20-Apr-20 18:24:02
Print Post

Ghost.. AAISP?

[link to this post]

Just ordered Ghost Broadband, moving from Vodafone. I assume it is a BTw connection from AAISP and likely will just show as AAISP on the speed test/IP ranges?
Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Tue 21-Apr-20 02:03:30
Print Post

Re: Ghost.. AAISP?

[re: Binary_Digit] [link to this post]

Nope, you'll be getting a connection from Structured Communications when performing speed tests.

Yes it's BTw.

IP ranges belong to Structured Communications for IPv4 and Structured Communications Global for IPv6.

They are very good and great if you get any issues. Been with them over 12 months and they finally pushed Openreach to relay cable from the cabinet to my premises as the connection would drop out every time it rained.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Apr-20 07:27:16
Print Post

[re: Bryer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bryer:
they finally pushed Openreach to relay cable from the cabinet to my premises as the connection would drop out every time it rained.

Just so you know, Openreach will put a new drop cable from the house to the nearest DP (distribution point) not the cab.

Based on my experience of having had this done on an underground line in the past.

Edited by mlmclaren (Tue 21-Apr-20 07:30:17)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Tue 21-Apr-20 10:39:19
Print Post

Thanks! Good to know. Seems you get what you pay for. I still have Vodafone Gigafast at another premises but their FTTC is much different not just in technology used, but the routing is different etc. Been pretty poor the last couple of months.
Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Tue 21-Apr-20 12:27:09
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

The work was pushed for by me through Ghost. There was water ingress in the two chambers to the cab that I'm connected too that had ruined the DP which is opposite the cabinet.

Due to the state of the copper, the cables were relaid to 20 properties served by the cabinet in my street.

The DP also underwent major overhaul as well due to damage having been submerged for long periods

Due to the fact that the majority of the population in my area are over 60, BT deemed they could keep ignoring it as the problem went away with dry weather..

However due to constant dropping and resyncing making the line unusable every time it rained, they spent £20k repairing and replacing.
(member) Tue 21-Apr-20 13:47:16
Print Post

Maybe they will be able to get my Aerial Wire changed, it is the old shotgun/figure of 8 style light grey/white cable.
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-Apr-20 17:30:33
Print Post

Ghost broadband, who the hell are they? Why not just go with AAISP directly?

Andrews & Arnold Home ::1 on Draytek 2862ac - Why settle for inferior?
Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Tue 21-Apr-20 19:16:32
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

I didn't go with AAISP because:

1.) I don't want a data cap.
2.) Ghost provided proof of their priority routing for gaming platforms and streaming platforms which I preferred.
3.) I didn't want to go with a main stream provider who would see me as a number and not a human customer.

Cheers.
(member) Wed 22-Apr-20 10:26:44
Print Post

It is also cheaper, especially seeing there is 30% off just now.
Standard User nemeth782
(committed) Wed 22-Apr-20 14:20:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by Binary_Digit:
Just ordered Ghost Broadband, moving from Vodafone. I assume it is a BTw connection from AAISP and likely will just show as AAISP on the speed test/IP ranges?

What makes you think they are linked in any way to AAISP? I can't find anything that would indicate that.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to