User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Wagstaff
(member) Sun 23-Jan-11 23:54:38
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Direct Debit

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wingco1:
Once a company - any company in the world - has hold of your bank sort code and bank account number, they can apply through BACS for a payment against your account, without your authority and without your knowledge.
Not according to this link

That's what BACS want you to think.
The truth is that you have to be the inquiring party - that means checking your statement every month.
How many of us do this?!!

Wagstaff

"I've seen the wonder of the world, its beauty and its power, and the shapes of things, their colours, lights and shades. Look ye also while life lasts."
Standard User Wagstaff
(member) Mon 24-Jan-11 00:16:12
Print Post

[re: Cobra001] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Cobra001:
DD you have more protection on than anything else best way to pay

That's what BACS want you to think - but you have to be positive about implementing the enquiry.
It shouldn't be that way !!

Wagstaff

"I've seen the wonder of the world, its beauty and its power, and the shapes of things, their colours, lights and shades. Look ye also while life lasts."
Standard User Wagstaff
(member) Mon 24-Jan-11 00:21:41
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
That sounds rather like an urban myth to me - please give evidence (links) to back up your assertion.

Sorry - I don't understand.
What sounds like an urban myth?

Wagstaff

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mattewan
(learned) Mon 24-Jan-11 00:33:35
Print Post

[re: Wagstaff] [link to this post]

paying my debit card would cause a lot more support issue I think. You imagine thousands and thousands of customers all with cards that expire every few years. That alone, equates to many expired cards, per day.

Standard User Cobra001
(member) Mon 24-Jan-11 01:18:10
Print Post

I phone bank up and they do an instant charge back, no paper work. If you do it by credit card you have forms to fill in and questions to answer.

Also you can tell the bank to refuse dd from x company
Standard User csogilvie
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Jan-11 08:45:42
Print Post

First of all, when you use a debit card, the transaction happens immediately, you use a thing called a PIN.

Err, unless I'm missing something but you don't give your PIN to companies when you are paying by Debit Card online... or if you do, you are being (IMO) incredibly stupid!

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Broadband Extra [Syncing at 8MB] Customer
Service Status Updates by Email... and more! http://usertools.plus.net
Member of the plusnet Usergroup.
Views are my own unless otherwise stated.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 24-Jan-11 09:38:13
Print Post

I assumed you meant a CCA on the debit card, in the same way as one on a Credit Card.

I'm not surprised they won't accept on-invoice debit card transactions. Does any ISP?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User nadger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Jan-11 09:55:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by Wagstaff:
The truth is that you have to be the inquiring party - that means checking your statement every month.
How many of us do this?!!Wagstaff
I check mine, on line, every working day and can see the next days DD transactions in advance.

I rarely pay by debit card - Aldi is the one exception and the only time I use one on line is to pay car road tax.

plusnet usergroup cool
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 24-Jan-11 10:52:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by Wagstaff:
that means checking your statement every month.
How many of us do this?!!
How many are silly enough not to?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User Wagstaff
(member) Mon 24-Jan-11 12:18:40
Print Post

[re: csogilvie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by csogilvie:
First of all, when you use a debit card, the transaction happens immediately, you use a thing called a PIN.

Err, unless I'm missing something but you don't give your PIN to companies when you are paying by Debit Card online... or if you do, you are being (IMO) incredibly stupid!

True - you would never give anyone your PIN.
But when I pay online, I usually have to enter a password.

Whenever you use your debit or credit card, you control the transaction. In the Direct Debit system, the originator/recipient controls the transaction.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to