User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Wagstaff
(member) Mon 24-Jan-11 15:11:37
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Direct Debit

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If I wanted I could cancel all the Direct Debits on my bank account, online banking lists them all with simple Cancel button.

But they still sit there on your account, like broken kerbstones, waiting for you to trip over them.

"I've seen the wonder of the world, its beauty and its power, and the shapes of things, their colours, lights and shades. Look ye also while life lasts."
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 24-Jan-11 15:19:11
Print Post

[re: Wagstaff] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Wagstaff:
In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If I wanted I could cancel all the Direct Debits on my bank account, online banking lists them all with simple Cancel button.

But they still sit there on your account, like broken kerbstones, waiting for you to trip over them.
Are you saying you do use them? Then why not for Plusnet? If you aren't, how do you know?

I think they probably disappear at Financial Year end or something. In my 30 or so D/Ds and SOs there is only one showing as Cancelled, with a last taken date of 15 Aug 2010.

That one is interesting. It is O2, clearly for my mobile phone, but there is a replacement for it with a different Reference but the same amount. I don't think I shall bother investigating.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Mon 24-Jan-11 15:36:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by Wagstaff:
In reply to a post by Sadoldman:
That sure makes writing a cheque unsafe does it not? It is all there.

Probably why they're doing away with cheques.

Not so. People use plastic nowadays and of course Direct Debit for the regular payments.smile

Quite frankly to take monies that has not been authorised as you are suggesting must be a fraudulent act, and if my bank does not have my authority to make the payment...well it is their problem not mine.

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

[email protected]
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wingco1
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Jan-11 15:36:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ooohhh! TFH time smile
Standard User Wagstaff
(member) Mon 24-Jan-11 15:39:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Are you saying you do use them? Then why not for Plusnet? If you aren't, how do you know?

I think they probably disappear at Financial Year end or something. In my 30 or so D/Ds and SOs there is only one showing as Cancelled, with a last taken date of 15 Aug 2010.

That one is interesting. It is O2, clearly for my mobile phone, but there is a replacement for it with a different Reference but the same amount. I don't think I shall bother investigating.

I did use DDs quite a lot, until I hit a problem with one mandate that I had completed which never reached my bank.
It was then that I was told "we never send mandates to the bank - it's an automatic system, if there's a problem the bank will let us know". What !!!
So I've based all my comments in this thread on the assumption that this was the general practice.
From your comments and those of other posters, I'm clearly wrong in my assumption, and I realise now that I should have qualified my comments with the phrase "in my experience". Apologies for not having done so.

"I've seen the wonder of the world, its beauty and its power, and the shapes of things, their colours, lights and shades. Look ye also while life lasts."
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 24-Jan-11 15:44:03
Print Post

Sounds like that one place had a strange setup. Were they actually managing to take money on d/d, or was that the problem - they couldn't?

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 24-Jan-11 15:45:42
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wingco1:
Ooohhh! TFH time smile
Help smile

Acronym finder no help with that one, unless it is Thread from hell which doesn't seem to fit.

Standard User cheshire_man
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Jan-11 15:47:14
Print Post

Tin Foil Hat ?

Tony
Standard User wingco1
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Jan-11 15:50:44
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Correct smile
Standard User Wagstaff
(member) Mon 24-Jan-11 15:57:14
Print Post

[re: Sadoldman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sadoldman:
Quite frankly to take monies that has not been authorised as you are suggesting must be a fraudulent act, and if my bank does not have my authority to make the payment...well it is their problem not mine.

I've noticed in the past money disappearing from my account, eventually to be returned, but only after my questioning the transfer. "Sorry sir, it was a banking error".

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to