User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wintersf
(experienced) Mon 16-May-11 23:01:36
Print Post

Wrong Profile after moving to Pro

[link to this post]

Could someone from CS look at this for me thanks.

I very recently moved from Pro to Extra with the Pro add-on but at present my broadband performance appears to be much worse with downloads only going at 60kBps max at present rather than the 200kBps that I should (and did) get on my line. General web browsing does not feel as quick as it did before I switched from the straight pro account.
Could someone check that the Pro add-on profile has been added properly as performance is not good and nothing has changed at my end.
It would also be good if my upload could be checked as I also sync about 850kbps but do not get anything above about 500k normally which is a pain when uploading Photos to my zenfolio account for backup.

Thanks
Fraser

Edited by wintersf (Tue 17-May-11 08:31:21)

Standard User wintersf
(experienced) Mon 16-May-11 23:07:38
Print Post

Re: Wrong Profile after moving to Pro

[re: wintersf] [link to this post]

Further info. Here is a speedtest that I have just completed and only got 0.5mbps for download and upload.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/1...

Also tried to download the test files that Zen ISP make available and only downloading about 50kBpbs.

Downloads at off peak time have been consistent at about 200kBps after 12:00 each night since I switched so again this indicates no problems at my end.

Thanks

Edited by wintersf (Tue 17-May-11 08:31:03)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 17-May-11 00:15:04
Print Post

It would be a good idea to post your router stats. See here for help finding them.

(Edit - I forgot, you need to contact their Chinese support desk to sort out "Wong" profiles.)

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 17-May-11 00:16:05)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 17-May-11 00:19:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
(Edit - I forgot, you need to contact their Chinese support desk to sort out "Wong" profiles.)
There's a Wong profile here tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

[email protected] _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User wintersf
(experienced) Tue 17-May-11 08:28:26
Print Post

Lol, maybe that is the problem then. The Wong profile cant be working very well.
Standard User wintersf
(experienced) Tue 17-May-11 08:30:37
Print Post

As far as router stats go here they are -

Up 864000
Down 2551000
Down SNR 5
Down Att 66
Standard User wintersf
(experienced) Tue 17-May-11 08:31:44
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Wong has now left the building
Standard User wintersf
(experienced) Tue 17-May-11 08:33:34
Print Post

Also did a BT speedtest last night and got 1500kbps download speed and showing a 200kbps profile. Upload speed was over 800k according to BT but can only ever get about 400-500 on PN have spiked at 600k a few times but nothing approaching 800k.
Standard User wintersf
(experienced) Tue 17-May-11 08:37:15
Print Post

And just tried another TB speedtest this morning and only managed 0.3Mbps download speed

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/1...
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-May-11 09:08:00
Print Post

This is very similar to the experience I had when I switched from PAYG to Extra + Pro. It took a bit of a blunt instrument to get the correct speeds to kick in in my case.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Tue 17-May-11 09:12:00
Print Post

Hi wintersf,

I think I've found your account, if it is this one your download and upload are currently at 2000kbps and 832kbps respectively and it looks like they've been there since the 11th.

With regard to the profile, that's now been updated - sorry about that, I'll work out a pro rata refund for the few days you've had the add-on and it's not worked. You should notice an improvement pretty much straight away but if not please disconnect and reconnect.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User wintersf
(experienced) Tue 17-May-11 09:29:52
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for looking at this and sorting out the problem. I am now at work but will try later on to see how things are on the line.
Did you also find anything on the upload that may be limiting me to 400-500k rather than the 800k that I should be getting?

And yes that looks like the right account going by the figures you have indicated.

Thanks
Fraser
Standard User wintersf
(experienced) Tue 17-May-11 09:31:17
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Yes hopefully Mathew has now used the same blunt instrument on my account and it will be OK now. Any luck and he will also have used it on my upload which has not been right for much longer.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to