User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 05-Sep-11 22:25:25
Print Post

Re: Giving Plusnet a Try!

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

There's a fair few included, and I just like the easy way the site navigation is set up and individual pages are linked and filled. Also just drag pages to a new position to rearrange things.

It does what I need smile. It's the only one I've found that is easily tailored away from the defaults, but I don't claim to be the world's ace web designer smile.

I thought from what you two were saying templates would be the last thing that you wanted anyway tongue. To me they are all constrictive. That's what I like about it, you don't have to use any.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 05-Sep-11 22:25:57)

Standard User m0aur
(member) Tue 06-Sep-11 14:41:34
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
but my old BT email address is very much in use and has got me through this and many muddle. That ‘SERVICE’ has never missed a beat.
I nearly put an aside about that. It does seem to be one that is reliable, but I was putting a lot of stuff.

Not many praise the plus points of BT, such as the reliability of their mail, when we moan about prices or contract length. I could also done with their free Wi-Fi access when things were down here last week. Surrounded by BT routers but can't get into their Fon & Openzone channels.
I am surprised that PN have not explained here why Ebay email never turns up to a PN address.

Edited by m0aur (Tue 06-Sep-11 14:44:07)

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Tue 06-Sep-11 15:32:21
Print Post

Hi there,

We've not seen many issues with ebay emails to be honest, I've had a look through our community forums and the only thread I could find relating to this was back in 2008 - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,7206...

If it were a service wide issue I'd expect there to be a lot more complaints coming in though if you've tried turning off the spam protection and there's still an issue then we'll gladly look into it for you and try some tests.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User m0aur
(member) Tue 06-Sep-11 17:49:10
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by orbrey:
Hi there,

We've not seen many issues with ebay emails to be honest, I've had a look through our community forums and the only thread I could find relating to this was back in 2008 - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,7206...

If it were a service wide issue I'd expect there to be a lot more complaints coming in though if you've tried turning off the spam protection and there's still an issue then we'll gladly look into it for you and try some tests.

Well I can find hundreds of Email problems going back years. One recent example http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,9793... from the many problems here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/board,65.0...
As usual, the stock answer is to question our ability to set up a mailbox, when all mail addressed to our PN addresses is turning up except those from Ebay & Paypal. Not to worry ···

Edited by m0aur (Tue 06-Sep-11 17:51:30)

ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Wed 07-Sep-11 08:38:46
Print Post

As usual, the stock answer is to question our ability to set up a mailbox,

I can't see where Matt has asked you to do that? He's suggested turning the spam protection off from the controls on our website and seeing if the emails arrive then which is a good first step to resolving this.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User m0aur
(member) Wed 07-Sep-11 10:22:10
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by chrisparr:
As usual, the stock answer is to question our ability to set up a mailbox,

I can't see where Matt has asked you to do that? He's suggested turning the spam protection off from the controls on our website and seeing if the emails arrive then which is a good first step to resolving this.

And I can't see where I stated he did. I was referring to the answer in the link, and more generally that the first response is that users don't know what they are doing. Both the Ebay & Paypal emails have still not turned up on both my Windows and Mac machines that have been happily running for years. Apple mail especially, presents you with all mail. It will mark what it thinks may be spam, leaving you to click spam or not. Even if marked as spam it does no more than show a ‘You marked this sender as Spam’ message, it does not block it. But not to worry, I was only trying to prove myself wrong. As for the Plusnet spam settings, surely if I had left it turned on, PN should not consider Ebay & Paypal as coming from a bad senderbase reputation.

Edited by m0aur (Wed 07-Sep-11 10:29:43)

Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Sep-11 23:28:41
Print Post

[re: MadMan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MadMan:
I modified the modem, so that the computer could dial out.
As you say, those acoustic modems were rubbish.

Both hardware & software could be a battle in those days.

I remember those old BT 300 baud modems, I had one. The computer I had at the time did not have a terminal program, so I wrote one and included dialling capability so that I could get online to the BBS'. Those were the days, not just clicking an icon like now. smile

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 11-Sep-11 17:50:31
Print Post

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zadeks:
Old folks eh?

They don't know any better. It's our job to educate them.
Some of us DO know better .... we know better than to sell our souls (and data/privacy) to Google. for many ISP email is fine, and some prefer that to having profiles built by american data scrapers.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
Market 1 (IPSC) - a BT group investment NOT Spot
Standard User Zadeks
(committed) Sun 11-Sep-11 17:59:15
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Paranoid much. wink
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 11-Sep-11 18:09:20
Print Post

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

Obvious Troll is obvious!

Paranoid? Not really, but its MY data, and if anyone is making money off of it then it will be ME.

I understand you are most likely part of a generation brainwashed into publicising your every bodily function on facepalm and twatter etc, but please dont suggest that those choosing not to pass private communications via a notorious snooper like Google are in some way less intelligent than yourself.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
Market 1 (IPSC) - a BT group investment NOT Spot
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to