User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User m0aur
(member) Sun 11-Sep-11 18:32:11
Print Post

Re: Giving Plusnet a Try!

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by warweezil:
Obvious Troll is obvious!

Paranoid? Not really, but its MY data, and if anyone is making money off of it then it will be ME.

I understand you are most likely part of a generation brainwashed into publicising your every bodily function on facepalm and twatter etc, but please dont suggest that those choosing not to pass private communications via a notorious snooper like Google are in some way less intelligent than yourself.

Unfortunately, the Droogs of today know no better. Don't even have the sense to use Goggle.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1337837/Go...

Standard User kasg
(committed) Sun 11-Sep-11 19:21:21
Print Post

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

Surely this is all about choice. I use Gmail. I happen to think it's the best email service on the planet. I know how Google works, I know how they earn their money and I signed up to it when I opened the account. None of it bothers me in the slightest.

Kevin

plusnet Value Fibre
Using OpenDNS
Standard User m0aur
(member) Sun 11-Sep-11 21:19:29
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Exactly ··· ‘All about choice’. I certainly was not offered one by Google. It was just ‘Sign up here’ — No mention of what they got up to from information gleaned about you. If it was presented to you, consider yourself lucky. But, like the network snooping via the Google Streetview vehicles, it took press reports to make the public aware and to force the Anarchists to admit a “Mistake”, though how the hell you can snoop a network by mistake when using a camera is beyond me.
As for the best Email on the planet, like most things I consider it to be BT mail, which is still available to me 16 months after leaving BT. It has never been down and as far as I know they don't snoop like Google. They are probably keeping it active for my return!

Edited by m0aur (Sun 11-Sep-11 21:26:08)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to