User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User m0aur
(member) Thu 25-Aug-11 21:48:07
Print Post

Re: Giving Plusnet a Try!

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by camieabz:
If it's their mistake, I agree completely. Might be worth seeing if a PN rep can cast some light on this one.

That is exactly what I hoped posting here would bring about, but they seem to be keeping their heads down at the moment. I can get nowhere with either company and cannot take calls from those that want to contact us. The only plus at the moment, is the chap whose number we now have. He ended up here when trying to phone his home tonight. He is now armed with all details, so may get things moving via his supplier.

Edited by m0aur (Fri 26-Aug-11 00:10:54)

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Fri 26-Aug-11 08:52:43
Print Post

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

Hi there,

I'm afraid we only tend to be around in the forums during office hours. If you're able to PM a username or ticket ID I'll happily take a look at things and see if I can find out what's happening.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User m0aur
(member) Fri 26-Aug-11 09:09:22
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by orbrey:
Hi there,

I'm afraid we only tend to be around in the forums during office hours. If you're able to PM a username or ticket ID I'll happily take a look at things and see if I can find out what's happening.

Many thanks Matthew. PM sent. Also about to try and get some sense from the PO again!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Fri 26-Aug-11 09:31:16
Print Post

Hi there,

I can see we've got a transfer order going through but it's on the number on your account - can't find any records showing on the number that you seem to have now, though if it's not the post office there's a chance that something could have happened with the exchange wiring. If you let us know what you find out from the post office (and also the original owner of the number) we'll do some chasing from here as well, though everything on the order looks fine as things stand. It's still due for the 9th.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User m0aur
(member) Fri 26-Aug-11 09:42:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by orbrey:
Hi there,

I can see we've got a transfer order going through but it's on the number on your account - can't find any records showing on the number that you seem to have now, though if it's not the post office there's a chance that something could have happened with the exchange wiring. If you let us know what you find out from the post office (and also the original owner of the number) we'll do some chasing from here as well, though everything on the order looks fine as things stand. It's still due for the 9th.

Hope that helps,

Hi Matthew Phoned PO, gave details. Told to phone back in 10 minutes after a line test & whoever I got back to would be up to speed, though the idiot seemed to think a number change was part of the changeover, even though it's not till the 9th Sep for phone. Got back to an ignorant rude woman, who said it was NOTHING to do with them and All Plusnets fault. She then put the phone down on me, when I stated they were still my point of contact for phone services. And to think I thought BT too pricy to return to. Total nightmare.

Edited by m0aur (Fri 26-Aug-11 12:53:49)

Standard User m0aur
(member) Fri 26-Aug-11 10:00:29
Print Post

Name address & numbers of those that own the number we are hooked up to passed on. They now have a dead line, but have BT chasing it.
@Matthew ···Thanks, you are my only point of contact. Wonderful response compared to what I have endured with the Post Office. Let's hope I can manage on 60GB smile

Edited by m0aur (Fri 26-Aug-11 10:01:14)

Standard User m0aur
(member) Fri 26-Aug-11 16:41:16
Print Post

The working day is nearly over and still looking at crossed phone lines. It does not seem like the engineers that messed up have been made to jump through many hoops today, so looks like no phone till after the bank holiday.
On the brighter side of life, my Plusnet Broadband is starting to settle in now. I have gained another couple of MB download speed within 24 hours. About 9.4mb now, much better than the 6.5 on the PO 8MB service.

Standard User m0aur
(member) Tue 30-Aug-11 15:51:10
Print Post

The nightmare of changeoer continues and I am now forced to sit in the village library to post.
After the ignorance of the Post Office, the very heplful PN team actually resulted in an engeneer to visit our exchange ans sort what he described as a big birdsnest of wires. We are now connected to the correct number, but now have no broadband, as the service ID is now wrong. PN cannot re-order re-installation of BB till they receive the Openreach engineers report. What a nightmare..
I still feel thet the Post Office are at fault somewhere along the line, as phone services are no longer showing on my PO account, while the switched broadband is.

Edited by m0aur (Tue 30-Aug-11 15:57:45)

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Tue 30-Aug-11 15:55:29
Print Post

Plusnet have no rights to equiire about the line until it's routed through them. It's a DPA issue at the very least. SO they are right there is nothing they can do UNTIL they have that right which is the day it's switched over.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Tue 30-Aug-11 15:57:21
Print Post

Engineers are employed by BT Wholesale. No ISP has their own engineers. Even LLU and FTTP Kit is handled by BTW engineers.

But it's still down o the PO to get onto BTW and sort it phone wise.

On the broadband side sounds like PN were not auto motified of the swtich. When they are their system activates the account and gives you internet ( which is what the guy did on the phone) I did that a million times when I was there.

Ususally it's seemless. So to be fair to PN it was an external system messing up.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to