User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User m0aur
(member) Thu 01-Sep-11 10:46:49
Print Post

Re: Giving Plusnet a Try!

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

Re Ticket Number 46062598. Well ··· It only took 7 full days to switch to PN and actually get it running. Just been phoned by the engineer who stated that my service was hooked to totally wrong exchange equipment, due to wrong build instructions from PN.
For those that state PN cannot get involved with my line, they did and I am very grateful after the ignorance I suffered from the Post Office. Nonetheless, I have been and still am, very close to cancelling the phone switch and jumping back to BT, which would be a pity, as despite this nightmare I like the PN customer service, but am still very wary of 60GB not being enough but being tied to a long PN phone contract. For now, I have 150 Emails to check out from the last 2 days.

Edited by m0aur (Thu 01-Sep-11 10:47:50)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 01-Sep-11 11:42:17
Print Post

"long PN phone contract"?

Unless it's hidden somewhere in the T & Cs/FAQs, it is at worst monthly. See this page re phone/broadband bundles, "No annual contract".

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User m0aur
(member) Thu 01-Sep-11 11:50:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
"long PN phone contract"?

Unless it's hidden somewhere in the T & Cs/FAQs, it is at worst monthly. See this page re phone/broadband bundles, "No annual contract".

Thanks. from what I had gleaned prior to signup, there was a 12 month tie-in for the phone contract. I paid a £25 connection fee as you do with many other that BT & PO, plus use my own router to avoid a long BB contract. I did not think that that also applied to the line and call side of the package. If it does, I will be happier with giving the 60GB a whirl.
I was looking here http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing... but probably got the wrong end of the 12 month stick!

Edited by m0aur (Thu 01-Sep-11 11:54:00)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 01-Sep-11 11:57:09
Print Post

That link is a bit unclear, as it doesn't distinguish re phone and broadband. I suggest you check it out and let us know, for future reference smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User cjbell68
(regular) Thu 01-Sep-11 12:04:02
Print Post

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you could have gotten away with deferring the £25 and not paying up front.

I'm with Plusnet and my account details show this charge, but it only comes into effect if I leave within the contract period - so apparently nothing to lose if deferred (I have a new contract as I just moved to FTTC).

That reminds me, don't post often but must update my sig smile

Colin

plusnet

Edited by cjbell68 (Thu 01-Sep-11 12:05:47)

Standard User m0aur
(member) Thu 01-Sep-11 12:15:27
Print Post

[re: cjbell68] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cjbell68:
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you could have gotten away with deferring the £25 and not paying up front.

I'm with Plusnet and my account details show this charge, but it only comes into effect if I leave within the contract period - so apparently nothing to lose if deferred (I have a new contract as I just moved to FTTC).

That reminds me, don't post often but must update my sig smile

Yes, I have that on my account, it is a Cessation charge which is only charged should there be a cease on the line. What I was talking about, is the £25 Broadband connection charge, which was taken from my credit card before PN would accept the order.

Standard User m0aur
(member) Thu 01-Sep-11 12:17:20
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
That link is a bit unclear, as it doesn't distinguish re phone and broadband. I suggest you check it out and let us know, for future reference smile.

With a little luck, the PN bods may drop in and clarify line and phone contract when no router taken and £25 connection charge paid.

Standard User cjbell68
(regular) Thu 01-Sep-11 12:18:29
Print Post

Ah I see - I confused the two; must be linekd to the line take-on from the PO.

Colin

plusnet
Value Fibre
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 01-Sep-11 14:24:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by m0aur:
With a little luck, the PN bods may drop in and clarify line and phone contract when no router taken and £25 connection charge paid.

Have highlighted it on the PN forum http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php

Dennis

plusnet value & talkanytime
Standard User m0aur
(member) Thu 01-Sep-11 14:37:06
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by reserved:
In reply to a post by m0aur:

Have highlighted it on the PN forum http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php

Thanks, but that is just a link to the forum index page. I have looked through the obvious threads and drawn a blank. A thread link would have been some help.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to