User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User m0aur
(member) Thu 01-Sep-11 17:41:34
Print Post

Re: Giving Plusnet a Try!

[re: thatadamwalker] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by thatadamwalker:
Hi m0aur,

I'm picking this up whilst Matt is taking some well deserved annual leave.

To clarify our phone packages are on a 30 day rolling contract any way so paying the £25 upfront means that you can opt out of a longer contract for broadband.

I can't refund that fee but I am shocked if you've not been offered a good will gesture so I will go and check your account re that and will make sure we give one to you.

I just wanted to add that I'm horrified to hear about the kind of experience you say you've had when contacting support so I will be looking deeper into what happened there to make sure training or feedback is given to the agents you dealt with as appropriate.

Adam.

Thanks Adam,
I was just making the point that the charge was for BB connection and not line changover. I am glad there is no tie-in, I did all I could to make it that way, though I would like to manage on the 60GB peak and the good customer service I have found with PN, but it will be hard with the iPlayer, Skyplayer, Internet Radio and all the on-demand there is.
Matt deserves a rest, he was good enough to get involved prior to line take-up when I was faced with total ignorance from the Post Office.
It is a job to know what really went wrong. PO blames PN. I do know we were physically connected to the wrong equipment in our exchange, and of course, Openreach who many of us are bundled to regardless of supplier, are saying it could be incorrect “Build” instructions from PN. The bottom line is, I am glad as a full time carer for my blind & severely disabled wife just to be back online, as most of our life is conducted that way.
I have been treated quite well by PN customer support compared to the PO, though the chap I spoke to yesterday did not seem to relate to the wrong service ID on my line, after being given the correct one the day before by someone else. Go easy on them, they are better than most!

Edited by m0aur (Thu 01-Sep-11 17:47:29)

Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 01-Sep-11 20:40:23
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by reserved:
In reply to a post by m0aur:
In reply to a post by reserved:
... nested quotes trimmed ...

Have highlighted it on the PN forum http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php

Thanks, but that is just a link to the forum index page. I have looked through the obvious threads and drawn a blank. A thread link would have been some help.

My error, the link didn't appear in my original post, have ammended it!

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,9832...

Hope Adam sorts it out for you wink

Dennis

plusnet value & talkanytime
Standard User m0aur
(member) Sun 04-Sep-11 11:27:22
Print Post

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

Plusnet is really turning out to be the strangest experience of all the ISP's I have suffered. The BT speedtest site is now reporting an illegal IP Profile of 11538 on my line http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/102/btspeedtest2.jpg And just to put the icing on a surreal 10 days, the Thinkbroadband speedtest is this morning reporting my ISP as Madasafish ???
Edit:- The latest icing on the nightmare, is that my new Plusnet email address cannot be used to update my Ebay account email. This is because despite several attempts, the Plusnet mail server refuses to forward the mail with the confirmation link, this is despite the ‘A change has been made’ email being sent OK to my PO address, so there seems a Ebay Plusnet clash. I should add, there was no problem with the Plusnet email address change on my PayPal account. The result was tempory lock out from my Ebay account I have now had to switch to a Live dot com mail address to get access. To think my main reason for leaving the post office was their mail server being down most evenings. I now read this has been a problem with PN for years. More per month to lose unlimited BB and all in the search for a good service. I really cannot see that I can live with this

Edited by m0aur (Sun 04-Sep-11 12:44:21)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(committed) Sun 04-Sep-11 13:14:50
Print Post

It's not an illegal profile, there is a new profiling system for ADSL2+ which is much more granular. As for Madasafish, the speed tester can't tell the difference between Plusnet and MAAF as they share the same infrastructure, so that's not important. Have you told support about your email problems? I haven't used ISP mail servers for years so can't comment myself.

Kevin

plusnet Value Fibre
Using OpenDNS
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 04-Sep-11 15:09:48
Print Post

As kasg says re both the IP Profile and ISP-independent email.

You could even go back to the Post Office tongue.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User m0aur
(member) Sun 04-Sep-11 15:34:37
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
It's not an illegal profile, there is a new profiling system for ADSL2+ which is much more granular. As for Madasafish, the speed tester can't tell the difference between Plusnet and MAAF as they share the same infrastructure, so that's not important. Have you told support about your email problems? I haven't used ISP mail servers for years so can't comment myself.

Thanks for clarifying the ADSL2+ profiling system. I was unaware of it and have not seen it mentioned on the likes of the KITZ site. http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm which is where I was told my profile was “Invalid”.
Other than as disposable addresses, I usually keep away from the intrusive likes of Hotmail a Gmail. Rightly or wrongly, I feel ISP mail may be a little more secure for the likes of online banking etc, but I am tempted to use it more to ease the pain of dozens of address changes at change of ISP.

Edited by m0aur (Sun 04-Sep-11 15:36:52)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 04-Sep-11 15:59:16
Print Post

Read the link I gave you about email.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User Zadeks
(committed) Sun 04-Sep-11 16:09:34
Print Post

Nobody uses ISP email any more. Start using a webmail service like gmail.
Standard User cheshire_man
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Sep-11 16:22:56
Print Post

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

That may be true for you and many of those you interact with, but as an absolute statement I have to disagree. The vast majority of those I know use the email from their ISP, it's clear from my contacts list.

Tony
Standard User Zadeks
(committed) Sun 04-Sep-11 16:56:11
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Old folks eh?

They don't know any better. It's our job to educate them.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to