User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User blueacid
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 08:26:51
Print Post

Re: Worth a punt?

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by m0aur:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by m0aur:
I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN I AM ON ADSL2+ AND THAT MY UPLOAD IS CAPPED, THAT I AM NOT GETTING THE SPEED THAT I WAS AND THAT PLUSNET HAVE NOT LIFTED IT AS PROMISED OVER A WEEK AGO. I HAVE GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN SPEND MY WHOLE LIFE CHASING MY TAIL ON THIS, SO JUST DROP IT OR YOU WILL REALLY SEE WHAT SHIRTY IS LIKE. I AM REALLY FED UP WITH EVERY SINGLE FORUM POST ENDING UP IN A BATTLE AND NO HELP WHATSOEVER.
I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN I AM ON ADSL2+
I will just sit tight till my line is switched to 21CN in the next couple of days
I think you prove my point. Though you clearly do not understand the significance of those two snippets, one from this fully quoted latest post and one from not much earlier.

I begin to understand why you had no success with Post Office email and have had protracted trouble with Plusnet, as evinced in this and an earlier thread. You must be giving the support staff who cannot really answer back a pretty rough time.

Do you really think getting abusive and confrontational when talking utter rot solves any problems except when you are the bigger or less incapable person in a pub brawl?

Sweet dreams smile.

Firstly, I had NO problems with the Post Office other than their mail server went on the blink in the evenings. They were reliable and competent. It is just that I was silly enough to pay £10 per month more, give up unlimited download and free calls to mobiles, just for a faster service I did not need and was not much faster anyway. Take a look at the PO area to see those leaving PN to join the P.O.
As for talking rot, i was pointing out the rot that PN were talking regarding my "!CN 'Upgrade'. As for getting abusive, you don't seem to know what it is. I will not be talked down to by some know-all oik, so expect kickback if you can't be polite. With that I will leave you to save the Internet, I expect it is quite a power-trip.

You've come to a forum full of people that have a lot of knowledge about the subject at hand, so.. Why are you suddenly surprised to learn that they need some specific information to solve the problem, or worse still that they provide an answer that you weren't expecting?

Cheers,
Blueacid
=================================
Was on Xilo C&W LLU on MRCEN, Now Be* on MRARD.
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 09:42:57
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

For any numbskulls that may be interested, my router restarting when with the P.O., turned out to be a faulty Draytek Vigor 2710n router. This was conformed by Draytek.
As for my upload speed, after two days of breaks in service, it has become uncapped today, speed is back to normal, low ping and sync of 15238kbps. The "up to 5 days" quoted by PN turned out to be over 8, so finger on the pulse as usual.. I have just enabled SRA so hope that will keep things running smoothly along with PhyR.
Those moaning abour snr should get a router that puts them in control of it, mine is trundling along at a steady 3.7db, all of which is probably a coincidence when my apparent lack of technical ability is taken into account, which reminds me, I must burn my City & Guilds.
http://speed.io/backend/result/48100890?pID=project1

Fora - Where everybody knows everything - Everyone else knows nothing!

Edited by m0aur (Mon 31-Oct-11 09:45:59)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Oct-11 10:03:40
Print Post

I have just enabled SRA so hope that will keep things running smoothly

I think you will need to ask Plusnet if their network systems support SRA in order to benefit from it.

Alastair

omadasafisho

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 31-Oct-11 10:24:55
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Apprentice:

I think you will need to ask Plusnet if their network systems support SRA in order to benefit from it.
Dry tongue smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 31-Oct-11 10:25:30)

Standard User m0aur
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 10:30:06
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Apprentice:

I think you will need to learn to help yourself, then if you look around as I did (despite my supposed limitations), which I find is consistently more reliable than the advice of some here, you will find it was introduced three years ago.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,7129...

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 31-Oct-11 12:10:15
Print Post

Ah, so the sparse information in that link is definitive is it?

First, the post by James Bailey looks to be nonsense,(to which post is it an answer, and the first day of what?), and second the one person claiming to be using it unfortunately doesn't seem to have the evidential graphs showing, at least on my machine.

Added to the facts that there seem to be no trace of SRA being mentioned on the Plusnet website, nor - more importantly - in the BT Wholesale Product Descriptions for WBC and WBMC, it would seem that your logic is attenuated beyond functional usefulness.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 13:03:26
Print Post

Re: Worth a punt? *DELETED*

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Post deleted by Sadoldman
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 13:11:03
Print Post

Didn't last even 24 hours this time. Surely this must be a ping world record.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1565217074.png

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Mon 31-Oct-11 13:23:06
Print Post

Pingtest servers are borked today. I got 1500+ms from Maidenhead and 36ms from Newbury.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

All Connection Data ~ plusnet

Scottish Labour politician: “The SNP are on a very dangerous tack. What they are doing is trying to build up a situation in Scotland where the services are manifestly better than south of the border in a number of areas.”

Interviewer: ”Is that a bad thing?”

Scottish Labour politician: “No, but they are doing it deliberately.”
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 13:38:38
Print Post

m0aur,

Cool down, aggression is a poison it serves no purpose other than to make a bad situation worst.

My experience with this forum has only been positive and folks are only too willing to help and advise. For me, if a problem with an ISP becomes intolerable and seemingly intractable then I just walk away, weigh up my options, and try a different ISP smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to