User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 13:49:31
Print Post

Re: Worth a punt?

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
m0aur,

Cool down, aggression is a poison it serves no purpose other than to make a bad situation worst.

My experience with this forum has only been positive and folks are only too willing to help and advise. For me, if a problem with an ISP becomes intolerable and seemingly intractable then I just walk away, weigh up my options, and try a different ISP smile

But then even worse, there is as I have found, the chance of frying pan to fire!

Fora - Where everybody knows everything - Everyone else knows nothing!

Edited by m0aur (Mon 31-Oct-11 13:50:13)

Standard User wingco1
(legend) Mon 31-Oct-11 13:56:54
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

I would agree with that, 1094ms from Cumbria to Maidenhead with 62ms jitter. Ping to bbc.co.uk 36ms my usual.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 31-Oct-11 14:03:43
Print Post

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by m0aur:
@Mr. Head, or may I call you Richard,
I see you conveniently swerve my very next post on the Post Office forum where I state my problem was my Draytek router, and that the replacement TP-Link was sailing along nicely. Were you lucky enough to be born such pompous opinionated twister of facts, or did you need to study?
Unlike you, my life does not revolve around places like this, and as I refuse to be treated like an idiot without reply, I am quite happy for you to continue with your drivel until we are both banned, which will cause me little loss of sleep.
First, do I gather you didn't read as far as the final paragraph of the post to which you just replied?

Other than that, call me what you wish. However once again your thinking is mysterious, to say the least.

Which post of mine, (the one you replied to perhaps), swerves round, (swerving something is impossible), which post of yours in which forum? The Post Office forum on this site, or some other site?

Or are you simply objecting to my pointing out that your statements tend to be inconsistent with earlier ones, and your attitude in general seems to be to call everyone names at the first opportunity. Re an earlier mention of shirtiness by us both, I don't think you have it in you to get shirty. Only to lose your rag and descend to utterly boorish language. (You may need to look that up, as I haven't often heard it uttered by someone lying in a gutter, so you may think it is a typo).

No need to call you names. You are quite simply a very unpleasant little man.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User m0aur
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 14:13:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Google will show I am far from little.

Standard User wingco1
(legend) Mon 31-Oct-11 14:17:32
Print Post

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

I concur. smile
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 14:19:41
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wingco1:
I would agree with that, 1094ms from Cumbria to Maidenhead with 62ms jitter. Ping to bbc.co.uk 36ms my usual.

You can even get good ping results for a 3 Star ISP like Plusnet, if you steer clear of speedtest.net, but that is the can of worms that makes up 'tinternet!
http://www.pingtest.net/result/49644110.png

Edited by m0aur (Mon 31-Oct-11 14:21:07)

Standard User Wagstaff
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 14:25:40
Print Post

m0aur,

Cool down, aggression is a poison it serves no purpose other than to make a bad situation worst.

I think that, to a certain extent, he has a right to be aggrieved - especially when a certain poster on this thread appears to ignore the data being posted.

Having said that, it is clear that Glemsford 21CN WBC Status has been enabled, so why he is waiting for this to happen, I really don't understand.

What Plusnet need to explain to him is the reason for the big discrepancy between his two speed test results:-

http://speedtest.net/result/1495950977.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1565217074.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wagstaff

"You can't be optimistic if you have a misty optic."
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 14:57:28
Print Post

[re: Wagstaff] [link to this post]

Wagstaff,

I've never relied on speedtest.net myself because I use Kaspersky IS 2011 LOL!

However I must confess that I haven't been very impressed with Plusnet support recently: it would be good if just a small team of people handled one's problem rather than having a ticket dealt with by a multitude of people - never seem to communicate with the same person twice frown
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Mon 31-Oct-11 15:04:22
Print Post

Your suggested method would also enable the ISP to monitor the performance of individual CSC staff, and identify training needs.
Standard User Wagstaff
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 15:20:17
Print Post

I've never relied on speedtest.net myself because I use Kaspersky IS 2011 LOL!

However I must confess that I haven't been very impressed with Plusnet support recently: it would be good if just a small team of people handled one's problem rather than having a ticket dealt with by a multitude of people - never seem to communicate with the same person twice frown

I agree that "speedtest.net" is not the best tester in the world - the results are usually higher than other testers. But it was the one that he used, and for there to be such a large difference in the download speed, on the same tester, some pretty dramatic change must've taken place.

As far as Plusnet's support is concerned, I think they need to employ a system where urgent ("system down") calls become their priority. The ticketing system doesn't appear to provide that functionality.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wagstaff

"You can't be optimistic if you have a misty optic."
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to