User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Mon 31-Oct-11 22:05:43
Print Post

Re: Worth a punt?

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

Talking of frying pan into the fire, some of us on market 1 have little choice, though TT are unbundling at the end of November.
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7770/glemsford.jpg

Fora - Where everybody knows everything - Everyone else knows nothing!
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Tue 01-Nov-11 09:48:56
Print Post

Re: Worth a punt? *DELETED*

You don't get by the censor and insulting a fellow member like that. No more!

I repeat you do have issues with those whose opinions that differ from yours, resorting to crude insults is such a poor debating tactic.

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

[email protected]
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Tue 01-Nov-11 09:54:28
Print Post

[re: Sadoldman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sadoldman:
You don't get by the censor and insulting a fellow member like that. No more!

I repeat you do have issues with those whose opinions that differ from yours, resorting to crude insults is such a poor debating tactic.

If you describe refusing to be spoken to like a child by an opinionated idiot as having 'Issues' then I am glad to have them.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Tue 01-Nov-11 16:03:02
Print Post

Not exactly a very "adult" response from your good-self.

If you have a poor opinion of a fellow poster, just ignore. You also claim that you have a poor of forums and yet you give them such credence.

This thread seems a ding dong of opinions but the bottom line is that if an ISP does not suit, move on. One good aspect of this particular ISP is that it is a month to month contract......it was not always so.smile

Sadoldman

[email protected]
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Tue 01-Nov-11 16:52:47
Print Post

[re: Sadoldman] [link to this post]

Fair point. I help where I can on many forums. I am usually quite able to help myself, but am afraid I have no time for the element of all fora that would swear black is white, or those that would infer I am some sort of stirring idiot. I admit I don't suffer fools gladly.
I am used to things being correct. Either formula for designing an EMC compatible 400w transmitter that I am licenced to use, or programming, testing and certifying electrical control panels in my last employment. This involved working on live three phase and making sure of its safety for the public. Not much room for mistakes, and being a Virgo am a stickler for things being right.
So when an ISP or forum member seems to have trouble sorting his hand from his backside, I tend to get a little ruffled.
As I have stated before, I was taught many years ago to treat others as I wish to be treated. This I do until they treat me otherwise, then I treat them as I feel they deserve. I never fire the first shot, but point blank refuse to be treated like an idiot without firing back. That is me I am afraid and you have the option to ban me. I specifically posted on the PN thread because a user wanted to know what they were like, not because I needed help myself. Going strait to PN with any niggles would have left him in the dark.

[IMG]http://speed.io/pics/4815/1207/speed.io.png[/IMG]
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 01-Nov-11 18:41:52
Print Post

I am rather fed up with your talking utter rot about how our dispute arose, and continuing your disgusting criticisms of me when taken to task for the language you have been using.

To start listing post by post where you have been totally in the wrong, plus delusionary statements of "fact" about BT deliberately slowing you down, and factual errors about White Label ISPs, would be unnecessary stirring and totally boring to everyone. You have also several times commented on all forum threads ending in dispute. Try reading the vast majority of ones you are not involved in, and compare the dispute-containing ratio of those with the ones you are involved in.

You aren't even saying these things to me, as for the sake of peace in the forum I have basically withdrawn. But your disprovable self-justifications to Sadoldman and others are extremely trying.

Please stop it!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 01-Nov-11 18:43:00)

Standard User m0aur
(committed) Tue 01-Nov-11 18:52:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

And I am just as fed up with your pompous ways. One minute you know nothing about Annex L and think it replaces Annex A, then you flame me for pointing out it is a stability extension of Annex A, and state you don't appreciate me posting links describing it. I am also fed up of your pedantry regarding describing download as throughput, then not only basically calling me stupid for for using the BT description, but continuing to state I had not supplied it. As for BT speed, we all know they underestimate speed, but my point was the BT site was also restricting my speed compared to others. A look will show I posted proof of this yesterday One thing is for sure, I know where to avoid should the day arise that I need BB advice.

[IMG]http://speed.io/pics/4815/1207/speed.io.png[/IMG]

Edited by m0aur (Tue 01-Nov-11 18:55:28)

Standard User kasg
(committed) Tue 01-Nov-11 19:04:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by m0aur:
...but my point was the BT site was also restricting my speed compared to others. A look will show I posted proof of this yesterday One thing is for sure, I know where to avoid should the day arise that I need BB advice.

But why does this matter? I also find that, most of the time, the BT speed tester gives slightly lower speed results than most others, but so what? I don't see how this is "restricting" you in any way. As for knowing "where to avoid" RobertoS is one of the most consistently knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum and your constant abuse of him does you no credit at all.

Kevin

plusnet Value Fibre
Using OpenDNS
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Tue 01-Nov-11 20:38:24
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
In reply to a post by m0aur:
...but my point was the BT site was also restricting my speed compared to others. A look will show I posted proof of this yesterday One thing is for sure, I know where to avoid should the day arise that I need BB advice.

But why does this matter? I also find that, most of the time, the BT speed tester gives slightly lower speed results than most others, but so what? I don't see how this is "restricting" you in any way. As for knowing "where to avoid" RobertoS is one of the most consistently knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum and your constant abuse of him does you no credit at all.

So he can criticise me, but I am not allowed to give my thoughts on him. Sorry, but it won't happen unless he has the good manners to respect me. As for credit, I look for it from nobody,

http://speed.io/pics/4815/1207/speed.io.png

Edited by m0aur (Tue 01-Nov-11 20:40:20)

Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Wed 02-Nov-11 07:31:24
Print Post

This thread is going nowhere now so closing.

Closed

Sadoldman

[email protected]oadband.com
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to