User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kasg
(committed) Wed 19-Oct-11 11:32:25
Print Post

Re: Worth a punt?

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by m0aur:
PN regularly try for the extra fiver from me, which proves the whole thing is more about money than ensuring everyone has a usable service.
Are you saying that Plusnet keep trying to persuade you to pay the extra £5 for Pro? By what means? They have never hassled me for it.

Kevin

plusnet Value Fibre
Using OpenDNS

Edited by kasg (Wed 19-Oct-11 11:32:45)

Standard User m0aur
(member) Wed 19-Oct-11 11:54:34
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Well I had TWO more emails yesterday alone! Part of one below. Offering line speed all day for an extra fiver is as I said, more about money that fair shares for all in my book.

Hello.

If you're big on online gaming and rely on time sensitive applications, then we know how important it is to keep your Internet connection up to speed - especially at the busiest times.1 Plusnet Pro is our unique add-on which prioritises your Internet traffic throughout the day, helping to give you that competitive edge with a top-class connection.

For just £5 a month,2 Plusnet Pro makes sure you can compete on a level playing field by prioritising your connection over other web traffic. The gaming world is moving forward fast, so see how you can put your gaming first with Pro:

Cutting edge: Pro is proactive, not reactive. When new games are released, Pro automatically identifies and prioritises them, so you can immediately experience them to the full.
Get the latest releases faster: Whether you want a new patch for World of Warcraft over P2P or need to download Football Manager updates faster, Plusnet Pro makes sure your connection is always ready for new releases.
Fewer slowdowns: Pro allows your connection to run at line speed throughout the day, so you can enjoy a more consistent connection, even at peak times.

Making sure you get the best out of your broadband is important to us. Get ahead of the game by adding Plusnet Pro to your broadband now.

All the best,

Nick Rawlings
Commercial & Marketing Director, Plusnet

Edited by m0aur (Wed 19-Oct-11 12:02:22)

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 19-Oct-11 13:26:15
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Nor me. Maybe it's a newsletter subscription thing?

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

All Connection Data ~ plusnet

Scottish Labour politician: “The SNP are on a very dangerous tack. What they are doing is trying to build up a situation in Scotland where the services are manifestly better than south of the border in a number of areas.”

Interviewer: ”Is that a bad thing?”

Scottish Labour politician: “No, but they are doing it deliberately.”

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cajef
(experienced) Wed 19-Oct-11 13:33:43
Print Post

PN regularly try for the extra fiver from me, which proves the whole thing is more about money than ensuring everyone has a usable service.

Try going into your account email settings and tick this box
I would prefer not to receive electronic communications about the special offers, promotions and services available from PlusNet

PlusNet ADSL2+
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Standard User m0aur
(member) Wed 19-Oct-11 13:44:18
Print Post

[re: cajef] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cajef:

Try going into your account email settings and tick this box
I would prefer not to receive electronic communications about the special offers, promotions and services available from PlusNet

Fair enough, but I don't see it as a 'Special Offer or Promotion' and I am already aware of their services, so still am of the view that money takes priority over fair useability for all. But, it is no more shifty than marking a phone call of a few seconds as lasting one minute to disguise the fact thet per-second billing has gone out of the window. Not very "Honest" in my book.

Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Oct-11 13:46:27
Print Post

Well I had TWO more emails yesterday alone! Part of one below. Offering line speed all day for an extra fiver is as I said, more about money that fair shares for all in my book.

I got the same emails, one to each of the email addresses that are registered with PN.

As I opted to receive this type of communication from them it doesn't worry me. In fact in the past I saved money by responding to a similar email!!!!

Dennis

plusnet value & talkanytime
Standard User cajef
(experienced) Wed 19-Oct-11 14:27:36
Print Post

Fair enough, but I don't see it as a 'Special Offer or Promotion' and I am already aware of their services, so still am of the view that money takes priority over fair useability for all. But, it is no more shifty than marking a phone call of a few seconds as lasting one minute to disguise the fact thet per-second billing has gone out of the window. Not very "Honest" in my book.

So when banks, credit card companies and utilities send you loads of offers for loans etc. that you do not want do you complain to them that you are aware of their services and do not want their dishonest offers, companys do this unless you opt out of their mailing systems.

PlusNet ADSL2+
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Standard User m0aur
(member) Wed 19-Oct-11 15:02:23
Print Post

[re: cajef] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cajef:

So when banks, credit card companies and utilities send you loads of offers for loans etc. that you do not want do you complain to them that you are aware of their services and do not want their dishonest offers, companys do this unless you opt out of their mailing systems.

I do not entertain walksort (junkmail), though I don't see that has the slightest to do with hiding the true length of a phone call, which is the only thing I have described as dishonest, but as usual, there is always a forum oik who will twist what has been said, just to be cantankerous. I will say no more and leave you to play with yourself.

Edited by m0aur (Wed 19-Oct-11 15:03:23)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Oct-11 15:20:09
Print Post

But, it is no more shifty than marking a phone call of a few seconds as lasting one minute to disguise the fact thet per-second billing has gone out of the window. Not very "Honest" in my book.

For anyone thinking of taking out a PN phone package they make it clear on their website that:
All call charges are pence per minute and include VAT.

The reason I checked the billing details was my 12 month contract with BT ends next month and I'm looking around to see who else provides calls and line rental and at what cost.

Edit > Tariff link

Alastair

omadasafisho

Edited by Apprentice (Wed 19-Oct-11 15:24:02)

Standard User m0aur
(member) Wed 19-Oct-11 15:35:37
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Apprentice:
But, it is no more shifty than marking a phone call of a few seconds as lasting one minute to disguise the fact thet per-second billing has gone out of the window. Not very "Honest" in my book.

For anyone thinking of taking out a PN phone package they make it clear on their website that:
All call charges are pence per minute and include VAT.

The reason I checked the billing details was my 12 month contract with BT ends next month and I'm looking around to see who else provides calls and line rental and at what cost.

Edit > Tariff link

It's just a pity they cannot follow the crowd and detail the actual call length for calls of less than a minute, instead of listing them all as exactly 1 minute duration. It makes listing them pointless as they are inaccurate, Users cannot relete to them and they may as well be grouped together as 'Calls under one minute' with a total charge.

Edited by m0aur (Wed 19-Oct-11 15:36:16)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to