User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 22-Oct-11 18:25:43
Print Post

Re: Worth a punt?

[re: Bemused_Mike] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bemused_Mike:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Where it falls down seems to be poor first-line support for real problems as opposed to "tech-ignorant" customers who need to know how to connect the bits up, and a chaotic Ticket system.

I was meaning to ask about how good or bad their support was. Many thanks for enlightening me, Roberto.
It has to be emphasised that the support from the reps in these forums is generally well above average. Just they shouldn't be needed.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 22-Oct-11 21:05:37)

Standard User Bemused_Mike
(member) Sun 23-Oct-11 17:47:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It has to be emphasised that the support from the reps in these forums is generally well above average.

That's good to know. They also seem quite responsive on the their own community forum, but you would expect that. Such a shame then that their phone support and ticket system aren't quite so good. Getting support from reps on these forums or on the Plusnet one is all well and good, but say you are in the process of migrating and can't get access to the internet. What are you supposed to do then?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 23-Oct-11 18:15:11
Print Post

That's when you know "they really are out to get you" tongue.

If you think of the many thousands of migrations that occur every day .... What are your chances, and how often do you migrate?

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Sun 23-Oct-11 20:06:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

If you think of the many thousands of migrations that occur every day .... What are your chances, and how often do you migrate?

True, but the possibility is there and it's surely happened to some people. Given how things usually go for me, I would be one of them! It's a scenario, I think, should be planned for.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 23-Oct-11 21:21:11
Print Post

And perhaps so with every ISP.

Standard User ConorMK
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Oct-11 16:12:48
Print Post

I have been with Plus Net since June 2003 and have never had any reason to want to move from them.

Conor

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation
BQM
(member) Thu 27-Oct-11 17:57:56
Print Post

[re: ConorMK] [link to this post]

So their service has been consistent for you since you joined them? No dips at all?
Standard User ConorMK
(knowledge is power) Sat 29-Oct-11 11:29:01
Print Post

Think there has maybe been twice but it has never been Plusnets fault. Both were faults at the exchange.

Conor

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation
BQM
(member) Sat 29-Oct-11 17:30:21
Print Post

[re: ConorMK] [link to this post]

I was actually meaning things like consistency of line speed, download speed etc. Have they always been as expected? Ever noticed any slow down on certain things, like streaming for example?

What about support? Have you ever needed to use them? If so, how was your experience?

Can I ask what package you are on at the moment?
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Oct-11 18:18:51
Print Post

Things which are supposed to be at line speed - such as streaming - usually are except for You Tube which is speed restricted at times but this is documented.
Regarding support - it is usually good and of course if it falls down then the staff at Plusnet Forums will sort it very quickly
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to