User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Sat 29-Oct-11 21:25:00
Print Post

Re: Worth a punt?

[re: Bemused_Mike] [link to this post]

I like many others find Plusnet speed very slow. I sync at 14934 with a profile of 13176, 30.5 Attenuation with snr that keeps within the limits of 2.5 and 3.8db depending on the time of day. Check the lack of errors over the last 10 days. http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9937/billion8day9er... but still only get 8 to 9 mb down instead of the near 13mb I have had.
I think the problem is BT deliberately slowing things down hoping I will go back to them. They used to say my line was capable of 12mb, now they are stating 8mb. Every time things are reset the speed drops back down within 24 hours for no reason. When I joined Plusnet, Openreach hooked my line to someone else's number for 10 days, when it was switched back I lost the BB for three days. Everything has been a nightmare for me.
I was informed the upload cap on my line would be lifted within five days a full week ago (119056642), I am still waiting.

Fora - Where everybody knows everything - Everyone else knows nothing!

Edited by m0aur (Sat 29-Oct-11 23:02:20)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 29-Oct-11 21:53:04
Print Post

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

I think the problem is BT deliberately slowing things down hoping I will go back to them.

I've not come across that tactic being mentioned in a forum before shocked

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Sat 29-Oct-11 22:10:23
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Possibly, but if you look around the web, you will find many users reporting a much slower service than they should be getting. Just to add to things, the service has gone wobbly tonight.
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9937/billion8day9...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DavidFinbarr
(freechataholic) Sat 29-Oct-11 22:23:23
Print Post

Re: Worth a punt? *DELETED*

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Post deleted by DavidFinbarr
Standard User DavidFinbarr
(freechataholic) Sat 29-Oct-11 22:30:27
Print Post

So BT wants to sabotage a BT company (and risk getting fined £££££), in the hope you will to join BT?
There seems to be a lack of logic there.

A bottle of white, a bottle of red
Perhaps a bottle of rosé instead.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 29-Oct-11 22:44:21
Print Post

[re: DavidFinbarr] [link to this post]

It's certainly one heck of a conspiracy theory.

Two other factors:-

1) I'm not yet aware how Plusnet have set up their WBC handover - MSILs at all 20 WBC nodes as Entanet, or a restricted number of them at one or more of the 10 WBMC nodes, (assuming it is now possible to use more than 1). There could very well be congestion arising there for some but not all customers, and you can't jump to a different MSIL like you could Centrals.

2) Note the "acceptable speed" quoted by the BT Wholesale speed tester. In other words, the lower figure there is all BT Wholesale are committing to for the backhaul for all ISPs. Not like the 20CN Colossus, where it seemed to be almost guaranteed that it could always cope.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 29-Oct-11 22:44:36)

Standard User m0aur
(committed) Sat 29-Oct-11 22:49:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by DavidFinbarr:
So BT wants to sabotage a BT company (and risk getting fined £££££), in the hope you will to join BT?
There seems to be a lack of logic there.

I am simply stating the facts, which are that I have a very fast stable low snr connection to my exchange, and despite having got the 12 to 13mb down that B.T. always rated my line at, I no longer do, along with B.T. coincidentally now rating my line as having an 8mb capability. I always back up with evidence but still get ridiculed.
As for BT sabotaging a company, I said nothing of the sort. I simply stated it seems to be due to B.T. and may well be a ploy to tempt me back. Plusnet is advertised as an up 20mb service, whereas all white label services managed by B.T. such as Post office broadband are only 8mb services. BT Sheffield quite openly offer a lower priced service on a market 2 or 3 exchange to "Sabotage" the competition, while screwing those of us on a market 1 exchange for all they can, which along with misleading advertising got a smack from the ASA. But fear not, just one month till SMPF.
A reminder of the first month on Plusnet with low pings and high speed.
http://speedtest.net/result/1495950977.png
http://speedtest.net/result/1474610416.png

Edited by m0aur (Sat 29-Oct-11 23:06:40)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 29-Oct-11 22:50:27
Print Post

smile
smile

Alastair

omadasafisho

Edited by Apprentice (Sat 29-Oct-11 22:51:29)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 29-Oct-11 23:08:52
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Since my maaf connection has gone on to the new PN network ... WBC IPSC ... I've noticed the ping times/latency has increased by 25%. (exchange is 20CN)

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 29-Oct-11 23:22:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by m0aur:
... whereas all white label services managed by B.T. such as Post office broadband are only 8mb services.
Wot abart Orange white label?
BT Sheffield quite openly offer a lower priced service on a market 2 or 3 exchange to "Sabotage" the competition
As no doubt do Plusnet, and any other BT Wholesale based ISP that wishes to do so.

Odd that nobody else on any ISP has raised this issue of BT deliberately slowing down everyone else's connection. As these are through BT Wholesale anyway, you are saying that not only are Plusnet complicit, but that BT Wholesale are slugging everyone else in order to help BT Retail.

You really do need to let OfCom know about these incontrovertible facts, as in "I am simply stating the facts". Or OfCom also part of this conspiracy to eliminate all other non-LLU ISPs? I wonder if any ISPs have already done that?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to