User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User willsweet2
(learned) Tue 03-Jan-12 14:01:38
Print Post

Re: ordered my mac

[re: GeorgeLloyd] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by GeorgeLloyd:
I can't understand why PlusNet hang on to the last minute to issue MACs. It leaves a nasty taste so customers are unlikely to return.

Yeah exactly, I would definitely never ever recommend Plusnet to anyone anymore because of all the little niggles I have had with them. Please, if someone from Plusnet is reading this, expedite my MAC code!

Thanks.
Standard User willsweet2
(learned) Tue 03-Jan-12 14:10:01
Print Post

[re: willsweet2] [link to this post]

Well, I sent a PM to Bob (bpullen), so fingers crossed it might be quicker laugh
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Tue 03-Jan-12 14:19:49
Print Post

[re: GeorgeLloyd] [link to this post]

Also, once the MAC is issued it does not have to be used. Causing the customer to wait unnecessarily is likely to cause them to want to leave even more rather than possibly changing their mind.

David

plusnet Broadband Extra customer
DrayTek Vigor 2800VG

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User willsweet2
(learned) Tue 03-Jan-12 14:24:58
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by brightd:
Also, once the MAC is issued it does not have to be used. Causing the customer to wait unnecessarily is likely to cause them to want to leave even more rather than possibly changing their mind.

My Plusnet connection dropped when first posting this reply lol. Yeah, there is definitely NO WAY I'm coming back after this experience. Once again, if you're listening please expedite my request!

Thanks again...
Standard User m0aur
(committed) Tue 03-Jan-12 14:37:29
Print Post

Every MAC code I have applied for has been given to me there and then over the phone, including BT and the Post Office. In all but a few circumstances, they can raise it on their screen immediately, so I would say they are just being arkward. Not to worry, there are only so many ISP's that can be swallowed up by another group. Soon it will be just BT and LLU.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2027/plusnetspeed.jpg
Fora - Where everybody knows everything - Everyone else knows nothing!
Standard User willsweet2
(learned) Tue 03-Jan-12 14:40:49
Print Post

[re: m0aur] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by m0aur:
Every MAC code I have applied for has been given to me there and then over the phone, including BT and the Post Office. In all but a few circumstances, they can raise it on their screen immediately, so I would say they are just being arkward. Not to worry, there are only so many ISP's that can be swallowed up by another group. Soon it will be just BT and LLU.

Yeah, BT is who I'm switching to anyway so I'll be fine. I am so freaking angry right now though. Also, the funny thing is both BT Retail and Plusnet belong to the BT Group so why the wait if I'm still going with one of them?

Plusnet, if you're reading, expedite my MAC code please smile

Thanks again.
Standard User willsweet2
(learned) Tue 03-Jan-12 15:17:39
Print Post

Hurry and supply the MAC code! I'm not waiting till the 9th like it says on the ticket. Please, today would be nice!
Standard User willsweet2
(learned) Tue 03-Jan-12 15:51:48
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by orbrey:
Hi Will,

The MAC will be added to your ticket on the fifth working day.

Hope that helps,

Hah just found something. The date we were quoted is the 9th (6 working days away).

Can you make it quicker now?
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Jan-12 16:22:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by willsweet2:
In reply to a post by orbrey:
Hi Will,

The MAC will be added to your ticket on the fifth working day.

Hope that helps,

Hah just found something. The date we were quoted is the 9th (6 working days away).

Can you make it quicker now?

5 days is too long but...

If you made the call today as I assume from your OP then :
1 Day - Weds 4/1
2 Days - Thurs 5/1
3 Days - Fri 5/1
4 Days - Mon 8/1
5 days - Tues 9/1

So, provided they get the MAC to you by Tues 9th at the same time as you called (presumably early morning) then it would be within the 5 working days.
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Tue 03-Jan-12 16:23:18
Print Post

My Plusnet connection dropped when first posting this reply lol.

Your connection hasn't dropped today from our RADIUS logs, are you sure it's not your wireless dropping out? Have you tried changing channel on the router?

In reply to some of the other posts on this thread, the MAC is provided within 5 working days to allow the customer to consider any offers they have been made by our Customer Options Team.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to