User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User willsweet2
(learned) Tue 03-Jan-12 16:25:48
Print Post

Re: ordered my mac

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Yeah, the problem with that is I have absolutely no ambition to return to Plusnet and would like to switch ASAP, are you sure it's not possible to expedite it because it probably is?!

Thanks again,
Will.
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Tue 03-Jan-12 16:40:55
Print Post

the MAC is provided within 5 working days to allow the customer to consider any offers they have been made by our Customer Options Team.
This is not Plusnet's perogative it is the customers. It is very poor practice and as has been pointed out more likely to alienate the customer than keep them. The customer has fourteen days to consider any offers before needing to use the MAC before it expires.

This is a blast from a poor past.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 03-Jan-12 16:45:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by chrisparr:
In reply to some of the other posts on this thread, the MAC is provided within 5 working days to allow the customer to consider any offers they have been made by our Customer Options Team.
Exactly! Deliberate obstruction. That is why the MAC has a 30-day validity, and it is not acceptable for Plusnet to add another 5 working days to that.

The same as the refusal to offer a second way of requesting a MAC, and demanding a phone conversation. That is definitely not as per the OfCom requirement.

Given that the OP is quite clear he will not be considering any offers, there is no good reason to prevent him getting on with his migration.

It stinks.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Tue 03-Jan-12 16:48:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The same as the refusal to offer a second way of requesting a MAC, and demanding a phone conversation. That is definitely not as per the OfCom requirement.

@Robertos

I'm pretty sure you know this already but we accept a written letter too as well as phone calls, so are compliant with the Ofcom regulations there.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 03-Jan-12 16:54:23
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wingco1:
The customer has fourteen days to consider any offers before needing to use the MAC before it expires.
More like 28 days really smile. The 30 days is up to the point where Openreach accept it as valid following its submission to them by the gaining ISP along with the migration order. The actual migration can be many days later.

Few gaining ISPs are likely to sit on an order for more than a few minutes. Next day perhaps.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 03-Jan-12 16:55:43
Print Post

@Robertos

I'm pretty sure you know this already but we accept a written letter too as well as phone calls, so are compliant with the Ofcom regulations there.
That's a change, as I believe all written requests result in a reply asking the customer to phone. Is that no longer the case?

Standard User willsweet2
(learned) Tue 03-Jan-12 16:58:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks everyone for supporting me in this matter, I guess Plusnet don't want the chance of me returning, because that has now gone! I agree, why make me wait if I just want an instant hassle free switch. I have spent half of today stressing about this and searching all over the internet for solutions.

Edit: I might just drop Ofcom a line about this if it isn't sorted by the end of today wink

Edited by willsweet2 (Tue 03-Jan-12 17:01:46)

ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Tue 03-Jan-12 17:01:58
Print Post

[re: willsweet2] [link to this post]

@willsweet2

Edit: I might just drop Ofcom a line about this if it isn't sorted by the end of today wink

As above, we're compliant with the Ofcome regulations both for the timescale and the methods of requesting the MAC.

Leave it with me for now and I'll get the MAC as soon as possible (it require circumvention of the normal system process).

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email

Edited by chrisparr (Tue 03-Jan-12 17:02:55)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User willsweet2
(learned) Tue 03-Jan-12 17:03:09
Print Post

@willsweet2

Leave it with me for now and I'll get the MAC as soon as possible (it require circumvention of the normal system process).

Really, that's great. Thanks so much!!! Try and get it for tonight if possible please!

Thanks again,
Will.

Edit: try and add it to the already open ticket (#50467802) if posssible.

Edited by willsweet2 (Tue 03-Jan-12 17:04:43)

Standard User willsweet2
(learned) Tue 03-Jan-12 17:16:56
Print Post

SORTED!

[re: willsweet2] [link to this post]

We have our MAC Code now!

Thanks Plusnet smile

Thinkbroadband forums are beast, wouldn't have gotten this far without them!

Edited by willsweet2 (Tue 03-Jan-12 17:18:10)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to