User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 22-Aug-12 17:42:50
Print Post

Re: PN Market 2 charges - PN Terms & Conditions???

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Well for years Plusnet was one of the ISPs I swore I would never join, likewise not rejoining BT.

But even though I was well aware of the type of issues that both have, I was sufficiently impressed by the great improvement over the last couple of years, led in Plusnet's case by the hard-working reps here, that I felt safe to sign up for the highly competitive 40/2Mbps 40GB FTTC product I went for.

About to become 40/10 at no extra cost, automatically, and with an excellent 80/20 (56/13.8) 250GB peak option for a mere £3.50pm more. Yes I have had a couple of niggles since joining in February, but expect I shall stump up that £3.50.

I agree with all those saying this particular thing shouldn't have happened, and have said so earlier. But plenty of things shouldn't happen at other ISPs and we often don't hear much about them.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Wed 22-Aug-12 18:14:17
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
But even though I was well aware of the type of issues that both have, I was sufficiently impressed by the great improvement over the last couple of years, led in Plusnet's case by the hard-working reps here, that I felt safe to sign up for the highly competitive 40/2Mbps 40GB FTTC product I went for...

...I agree with all those saying this particular thing shouldn't have happened, and have said so earlier. But plenty of things shouldn't happen at other ISPs and we often don't hear much about them.

Good to hear something positive about PN smile

This thread has become a place for disgruntled current and ex PN users to express their negative views about the "low cost area" pricing policy and, as you suggest, perhaps not all ISP's are perfect in the way they treat paying customers. But it is the paying customer base that keeps an ISP afloat financially and if a sizable proportion discover by chance a change, perhaps perceiving they have been treated unjustly or unfairly, that surely can not be good for business in the longer term.

Edited by 4M2 (Wed 22-Aug-12 18:22:33)

Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Aug-12 18:21:12
Print Post

Re: PN Market 2 charges

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

It's not directly dishonest no.

But that you'll GIVE that price discount to people who know and ask means those who don't know (eg the majority which is what you count on) will be paying more than they have to.

It doesn't feel that "honest" to me as a customer, and i feel a bit miffed frankly.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Aug-12 18:22:34
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Why not? They're costing you more. It should work both ways...
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Aug-12 18:23:53
Print Post

...PN could even have said "we'll drop your price but you'll need to agree a new contract term to do this" - and I bet many would have said OK - and PN would have gained themselves extra guaranteed custom.

But no no, sneaky sneaky...
Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Wed 22-Aug-12 18:49:04
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by therioman:
...PN could even have said "we'll drop your price but you'll need to agree a new contract term to do this" - and I bet many would have said OK - and PN would have gained themselves extra guaranteed custom.

Yes, that would have been a good move...and those nearing the end of their contracts could decline the offer then, at a later stage, renegotiate a new deal or migrate to another ISP. smile
Standard User professor973
(member) Wed 22-Aug-12 22:27:44
Print Post

That's a valid business decision but what about those customers no longer in an annual contract and now on a 28 day minimum term

I would think the most important thing, is what about of the thousands visiting this site and witnessing one PN shambles after another. Many may have been considering Plusnet. The losses may well outweigh the exchange status rake off.

Fora, where everyone knows everything Everyone else knows nothing!
http://mcslhr.visualware.com/myspeed/db/report?id=61...
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 22-Aug-12 22:31:32
Print Post

Re: PN Market 2 charges

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by therioman:
It's not directly dishonest no.

But that you'll GIVE that price discount to people who know and ask means those who don't know (eg the majority which is what you count on) will be paying more than they have to.

It doesn't feel that "honest" to me as a customer, and i feel a bit miffed frankly.
All building societies and banks got well thumped for it years ago, by the regulator at the time. Starting new interest-bearing products with higher rates than current customers were getting, and not telling those customers.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Aug-12 22:38:21
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
I would think the most important thing, is what about of the thousands visiting this site and witnessing one PN shambles after another.

They're more likely to witness you grinding an axe, day after day.

Oliver.
Standard User professor973
(member) Wed 22-Aug-12 22:50:48
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
In reply to a post by professor973:
I would think the most important thing, is what about of the thousands visiting this site and witnessing one PN shambles after another.

They're more likely to witness you grinding an axe, day after day.

Then I can only suggest you take a look at the PN forum, where you will find a hell of a lot more 'Grinding the axe'. I can only assume TBB is on some uSwitch style referral fee.
https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?board=49.0

Fora, where everyone knows everything Everyone else knows nothing!
http://mcslhr.visualware.com/myspeed/db/report?id=61...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to