User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User fig
(experienced) Thu 23-Aug-12 21:59:11
Print Post

Re: PN Market 2 charges - PN Terms & Conditions???

[re: Wagstaff] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Wagstaff:
As a Plusnet customer, I take a special interest in TBB’s Plusnet forum, and I took it for granted that others do the same. I was therefore surprised to discover that the OP, a Plusnet customer and classified by TBB as “experienced”, had not picked up the information contained in your thread.

Maybe I'm being a bit unfair to the OP in making these assumptions. If so, I apologise, but it does show the importance of keeping up with threads on these forums.

Unfortunately you are wrong, I dip in and out of the forums on occasions just to browse about, mainly to see if there are any announcements about my exchange.

I moved house 3 years ago and it's always been a Market 2 exchange, I keep an eye on other ISP's arranging LLU (none) in TBB (C&W said they were 18 months or so ago but it disappeared) and check SAMKNOWS every couple of weeks too.

I check the PN website every now and then to see if they have launched any new products that may better suit my needs but as yet nothing that affects my connection has appeared so I've never had cause to check the prices again because the front page always says FROM £x.xx and that doesn't appear to have changed.

I can't even remember how I stumbled across the change in pricing policy but it was completely by accident. If I hadn't found it I'd have been non the wiser still, and I wouldn't be actively looking in the PN forum for it. If I pop into TBB PN forum once a month that's a lot and even then I'll only see what the first couple of pages of headlines are and wander off.

I unfortunately have work to do and a family to look after, so to expect me to browse through TBB PN forum day after day and pick up on a pricing change that hasn't been announced is a pretty big ask. If I had the time, maybe I would, maybe even should but without a reason to look, I've got better things to do to be frank. I only posted it here to ask if anyone else was aware, what their experience of sorting it out was, etc.

Anyway, I'll disappear again and get back to my 5 day old baby which seems a little more important right now smile

plusnet 4/11/2003 -> 4/3/2009 512Kb-2Mb
O2 Standard LLU 4/3/2009 -> 23/6/2009 ~3Mb O2 Access 13/7/2009 -> 22/6/2010 ~8Mb
plusnet 22/6/2010 -> ?? ~8MB
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 23-Aug-12 23:08:26
Print Post

[re: fig] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by fig:
... I dip in and out of the forums on occasions just to browse about, mainly to see if there are any announcements about my exchange.

I moved house 3 years ago and it's always been a Market 2 exchange, I keep an eye on other ISP's arranging LLU (none) in TBB (C&W said they were 18 months or so ago but it disappeared) and check SAMKNOWS every couple of weeks too.

I check the PN website every now and then to see if they have launched any new products that may better suit my needs but as yet nothing that affects my connection has appeared so I've never had cause to check the prices again because the front page always says FROM £x.xx and that doesn't appear to have changed.

I can't even remember how I stumbled across the change in pricing policy but it was completely by accident. If I hadn't found it I'd have been non the wiser still, and I wouldn't be actively looking in the PN forum for it. If I pop into TBB PN forum once a month that's a lot and even then I'll only see what the first couple of pages of headlines are and wander off.

I unfortunately have work to do and a family to look after, so to expect me to browse through TBB PN forum day after day and pick up on a pricing change that hasn't been announced is a pretty big ask. If I had the time, maybe I would, maybe even should but without a reason to look, I've got better things to do to be frank. I only posted it here to ask if anyone else was aware, what their experience of sorting it out was, etc.
Exactly.
Anyway, I'll disappear again and get back to my 5 day old baby which seems a little more important right now smile
I advise being careful about the downstream there.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Aug-12 10:25:33
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

It's not quite the same...

I'm more annoyed that Plusnet spout all this "good honest broadband" stuff - but this sort of stuff whilst strictly speaking within the terms and not technically dishonest leaves you feeling like you've been a bit done and you don't quite feel honest...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 24-Aug-12 21:16:03
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

Just found an example of bureaucratic inflexibility: the DWP found a person who suffers from epilepsy not eligible for an allowance, reason being that if incontinence should be suffered during a fit then epilepsy and incontinence could not be regarded as separate conditions warranting separate points. If however incontinence is suffered at times other than during a fit then points would be scored for this condition and thus a sufficient number of points, when totalled together with the points scored for epilepsy, would be awarded for them to receive the allowance.

Outrageous but true!
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Fri 24-Aug-12 21:20:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by 4M2:
Outrageous but true!

Not really. If one causes the other, it's hardly a case of two conditions.

However, it's not surprising to see DWP and incontinence in the same sentence. Typo or not? smile

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 24-Aug-12 21:27:46
Print Post

But the points is did they inform their client of this or did he have to find our for himself?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 24-Aug-12 21:28:49
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

A colusion between ATOS Heathcare/IT Services and the DWP perhaps?
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 24-Aug-12 21:38:14
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
But the points is did they inform their client of this or did he have to find our for himself?

What do you mean: did the DWP inform the client of the "accident" after he came round from the fit (!) or did the DWP inform him of the inadequate points score after the assessment? If the later then yes they did inform him, but he later discovered that if the unfortunate events were not simultaneous then he would have received sufficient points.

Needless to say he is appealing the DWP’s decision.

Edited by 4M2 (Fri 24-Aug-12 21:41:07)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to