User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Aug-12 09:33:50
Print Post

Re: PN Market 2 charges

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

There's more return in providing wholesale FTTx in areas of high density. Unless the punters can somehow attract an LLU presence to their exchange, there's little hope of market reclassification (which seems to be a occasional thing anyway).

True but possibly not cause and effect. LLU suppliers not going to an exchange is likely because it is not economically viable. And probably therefore not economically viable for FTTx. If any exchange is viable for LLU then it is more likely viable for FTTx. So, they are both in exchanges for the same reason rather than FTTx being there because LLU is.

And the market classification is again an Ofcom invention rather than BT. I'm sure BT would structure things differently if they had any control over it - but they don't. It's not as if BT are even in a position to encourage LLU providers in - that is entirely in the LLU providers remit.

BT are not perfect but I don't believe this is at their door.
Standard User flippery
(regular) Fri 17-Aug-12 09:52:25
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

Are not BT investing in Market 1 exchanges by upgrading to CN21. Has made tremendous difference to me in doubling Up and Down speeds
The whole thread is moving away from the OP question.
Whilst Plusnet have not handled it welll, at least they have given the savings to new customers. Unlike any other ISP that I am aware of.

Edited by flippery (Fri 17-Aug-12 09:53:30)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 17-Aug-12 10:12:05
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ultra:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
But I agree, it's a bit poor not making the change more public to existing customers
Not "a bit poor" but IMO "very poor"
smile
Methinks the subtleties of the English language elude you tongue. The rest of the detail in your post was inherent in my usage of "a bit".

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User flippery
(regular) Fri 17-Aug-12 10:29:08
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ultra:
But I agree, it's a bit poor not making the change more public to existing customers
Not "a bit poor" but IMO "very poor"
smile
Methinks the subtleties of the English language elude you tongue. The rest of the detail in your post was inherent in my usage of "a bit".

If I wanted an English lesson, then I would go to college. This is not the place to critisise the way others correspond.
Should it have read
Was Incoherent in your usage of "a bit"

Edited by flippery (Fri 17-Aug-12 10:44:46)

Standard User fig
(experienced) Fri 17-Aug-12 11:05:05
Print Post

Re: PN Market 2 charges - PN Terms & Conditions???

[re: fig] [link to this post]

To quote their own T&C's:
Changing these Terms (notification)

Sometimes, we will need to change the charges and the Terms and Conditions of the service. We will publish details of all changes online at http://www.plus.net.
We will also let you know about a price increase or a change to the Terms and Conditions that we believe is likely to cause you material disadvantage at least one month before it happens. We will let you know about other price changes and changes to the Terms and Conditions via email to the contact email address on the account and by adding a service note to your account. Account Service Notes can be viewed at http://contactus.plus.net/
For changes we need to make to meet legal and regulatory requirements, we may not be able to meet the timescale detailed in paragraph 44. We will let you know about these changes as soon as we can.
If we have made a change which is to your material disadvantage, you will not have to pay a charge (excludes any charges or payments we have deferred) if you decide to end your agreement early, unless the price guide says otherwise. However, once we have told you about such a change, you must let us know that you want to end the agreement within 10 days.

The sentence I'm interested in is We will let you know about other price changes and changes to the Terms and Conditions via email to the contact email address on the account and by adding a service note to your account..

I agree this can be read in several ways, however to me that would imply that any changes to the price, up or down, will be communicated out by email as the previous sentence specifically states that if there is a price increase or a change to T&C's then this would be communicated out at least one month prior, so the following sentence should be a catch all for anything not related to a price increase or change in T&C's.

Now, they HAVEN'T contacted me or anyone else about this price decrease to our service because they clearly want to keep the money for themselves so you could argue they didn't have to tell me about a price decrease because they didn't change MY account, however they have changed the SERVICE I get to a lower price and surely that constitutes an email about a price change?

Again, it's not the amount, it's the principal smile

plusnet 4/11/2003 -> 4/3/2009 512Kb-2Mb
O2 Standard LLU 4/3/2009 -> 23/6/2009 ~3Mb O2 Access 13/7/2009 -> 22/6/2010 ~8Mb
plusnet 22/6/2010 -> ?? ~8MB
Standard User professor973
(member) Fri 17-Aug-12 11:39:36
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

This is not the place to critisise the way others correspond.

It will take stronger words than that to stop it, as it is all that drives many here to get out of bed!

Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Aug-12 11:51:13
Print Post

Haha, yes I recently became aware of this too - I complained and the price has now been reduced, but PlusNet seem to imply that they couldn't possibly have changed this automatically because Ofcom change the statuses - ignoring that they could blatantly have written a script. Fortunately I only have one line with them for some tedious historical reasons.

I guess like everything else, this is a classic Plusnet we're not changing stuff in your favour unless you notice since the majority won't and we'll profit from that...

...I bet they make sure they get the discount on the wholesale side automatically smile

They've not refunded me for the period it changed though...

It does leave a bit of a sour taste and make you feel a bit like you've been overcharged whatever other logic you might apply to it.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Aug-12 11:52:20
Print Post

Re: PN Market 2 charges - PN Terms & Conditions???

You may be right but I could play devil's advocate and say that the price of the product you are on has not changed. What has changed is the definition of who can get the lower of the 2 prices for the product - however, it does not state you would automatically be informed of a move between the tiers or a definition change of who those tiers apply to.

Edited by ian72 (Fri 17-Aug-12 11:58:23)

Standard User professor973
(member) Fri 17-Aug-12 11:55:09
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

It's a wonder it does not cause those irritating "Honest Broadband" ads to be banned.

ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Fri 17-Aug-12 11:58:56
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Why? We haven't lied, nor been dishonest here. The price advertised on our website at the point of signup is the price the customer paid.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to