User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User abhijack
(member) Tue 05-Feb-13 11:41:00
Print Post

Re: Pathetic speeds on my Plusnet fibre...

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Such fees are charged only if its a fault of our own equipment which the OR engineer has stated there isnt any. So doesnt apply to me.

Well I think its an ofcom regulation about speeds significantly slower than estimated speeds. I need to double check...

Edited by abhijack (Tue 05-Feb-13 13:49:41)

Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 05-Feb-13 15:00:00
Print Post

[re: abhijack] [link to this post]

ofcom wont help you here unless plusnet missold you the product (such as failing to tell you its an estimate not a contractual rate, which probably isnt the case). The product spec allows the speeds to go this low.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User abhijack
(member) Thu 07-Feb-13 10:19:21
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Latest update from PN [on Tuesday] :

" A line reset and engineering visit is needed here after looking at the line for Matt.. Downstream and upstream both lower than expected with the recent drops.."

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User abhijack
(member) Thu 07-Feb-13 18:12:19
Print Post

Another engineer booked for Saturday PM slot...Hope i get an engineer who know their job this time around...

Now this is confusing...

This is what PN rep told me on the phone while booking engineer:

GEC test failed which suggests the fault is outside i.e from cabinet to master socket....

This is whats updated in member centre:

GEC fail Potential Wiring Fault within Customer Premises. MFL=CA
Standard User abhijack
(member) Sat 09-Feb-13 21:35:34
Print Post

Updates from today's engineer visit:

For a change I had an enthusiastic engineer who was really keen to find the root cause of the fault.

Line test was ok. No wiring faults found.. Still syncing way below 50% of estimated speed.

He realised the issue was somewhere between the cabinet and master socket. He called for another guy to help out to trace the copper to find a potential bridge tap. They traced it till a building where they couldn't get access to on a weekend. It seems that a big cable runs from the street cabinet to that office and my line is coming out from there.

The engineer was itching to get in so he could look for any bridge tap issues and possibly bypass that to increase my speed to the estimated speeds.. He said this job will remain as unfinished and he will hand it over to another engineer to visit on Monday and have a look in the copper route in that office..

Unfortunately this engineer is off on Monday. I hope his colleague will get a proper handover so that he can continue on the good work this engineer has done.

Anyway I am glad as that the fault finding mission has at least started now to move in the right direction.
Thanks to PN reps here for pestering BTOR for me.
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 10-Feb-13 18:47:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by abhijack:
For a change I had an enthusiastic engineer who was really keen to find the root cause of the fault.

Excellent news and encouraging that such engineers still exist and still work for Openreach. Being one of those who always took pride in his job and couldn't bear anything less than perfection (to an extend that sometimes hindered me) I am always amazed that there are so many that just don't seem to care as long as they get paid.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User abhijack
(member) Mon 11-Feb-13 10:02:10
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

hope i get another good one today... atleast hope he read handover and take it from where the previous one left...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to