User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative KellyD
(isp) Wed 20-Feb-13 16:04:11
Print Post

Re: FTTC activated but provisioned on the wrong product!

[re: andrewh1973] [link to this post]

Seen the reply. Asking someone to have a look for you.

Kelly Dorset
Plusnet
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 20-Feb-13 16:43:46
Print Post

Hi there,

You were indeed provided on the 40/2 product, sorry about that. I've placed a modify to move you to 80/20 which should complete tomorrow.

If that doesn't improve anything I suspect we'll need to go down the route of raising a fault, as everything is correctly configured on your account for fibre speeds and the BT profile as of today was showing fibre also.

Hope this does sort things out for you though, please keep us posted.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User andrewh1973
(newbie) Wed 20-Feb-13 19:22:29
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by orbrey:
Hi there,

You were indeed provided on the 40/2 product, sorry about that. I've placed a modify to move you to 80/20 which should complete tomorrow.

If that doesn't improve anything I suspect we'll need to go down the route of raising a fault, as everything is correctly configured on your account for fibre speeds and the BT profile as of today was showing fibre also.

Hope this does sort things out for you though, please keep us posted.

Hi Matthew

Oh so as for Bright's connection, so it was for me also, well, well, well!

So there's an emotion i've not felt for a quite a while: ambivalence!

For on the one hand I'm really pleased that you responded to and looked into this so quickly and - it seems (though I've learnt only to hope with plusnet recently never to be certain!) - resolved the matter. But on the other hand, I'm even more dismayed with your company than I had been already. I realise mistakes can happen but these seem to happening rather too often. Moreover, why did no one spot this mistake last night when they were correcting my line profile? Plusnet seems to rely heavily at the moment on customers knowing enough about the technical side of the product to be able to point your staff at the areas where they should be checking and looking for things that have gone wrong. On so many levels that is both worrying and unacceptable.

I've previously recommended plusnet to others as I believe you're in a class of your own, but I'm starting to have second thoughts now. From missed appointments, lack of effective communication and the seemingly incessant need to chase, prompt, nag, question and postulate just about anything and everything when dealing with you, I'm wondering if you've actually got shares in the companies that make hair restoration products!!

I will certainly run a speed test again tomorrow night and report back either way, but for now, thanks..

One other thing, can you PM me please (or email me directly since you have access to my customer details) and tell me the name of who at Plusnet I would address a letter of complaint to and by this I mean someone senior - very, very senior - like your operations director or maybe even your MD. I work for a very small company where customer service is very important and so I personally know that when things are repeatedly going wrong "at the bottom", the problems ultimately reside at the top - not the bottom - of the company. Someone at the top needs to up their game and really take note and get a grip of issues like these, but I'm not convinced they currently are.

Nonetheless, many thanks again for sorting this, it's greatly appreciated.

Andrew Holland/

Edited by andrewh1973 (Wed 20-Feb-13 19:26:00)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Feb-13 19:39:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by andrewh1973:
Plusnet seems to rely heavily at the moment on customers knowing enough about the technical side of the product

Like the unfathomable decision of Plusnet to provision all ADSL2+ customers at 448 kbps upload, and only give them full speed when they ask for it.

Oliver.
(newbie) Wed 20-Feb-13 19:49:29
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
Plusnet seems to rely heavily at the moment on customers knowing enough about the technical side of the product

Like the unfathomable decision of Plusnet to provision all ADSL2+ customers at 448 kbps upload, and only give them full speed when they ask for it.

Agree totally!

Andrew Holland/
(newbie) Wed 20-Feb-13 19:53:06
Print Post

[re: KellyD] [link to this post]

Thank you Kelly, greatly appreciated.

Andrew Holland/
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 20-Feb-13 20:55:24
Print Post

can you PM me please (or email me directly since you have access to my customer details) and tell me the name of who at Plusnet I would address a letter of complaint to
Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
ISP Representative KellyD
(isp) Thu 21-Feb-13 11:58:51
Print Post

It's very "fathomable".

When we built the provisioning code for the product, our tests indicated a high level of faults from uncapped. Therefore to prevent customer problems we order capped.

We've now moved to a process of uncapping these customers, but we've changes to make to make the orders provision uncapped. We haven't got that piece of works scheduled yet. (we've been doing things with greater impact, like delivering the Unlimited product)

I know it's not great, but we can't do everything at once. smile

Kelly Dorset
Plusnet
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
(newbie) Thu 21-Feb-13 19:43:44
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Hi Matthew

I said I would update this again tonight either way....

I'm pleased to report that a speedtest now shows 69.1Mbps down and 16.6Mbps with a ping time of 10ms. I'm most definitely happy with that, thanks very much, Plusnet got there in the end! laugh

Andrew Holland/
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to