User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Jun-13 15:33:11
Print Post

Re: Price increase

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Always and Forever?

Don't understand.

Keef- Dartford Kent UK - Plusnet via Siemens Gigaset SE587
My Broadband Speed Test
Previously - Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream,
Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Jun-13 15:41:00
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

I've asked time and time again!

I just don't understand your approach to customer relations. frown

Rather than say, "ah, yes, we have payment details, but our system will take some while to sort things out, we''l take off any restrictions"; you keep asking me to pay again!

My Broadband Speed Test
===========
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:00:34
Print Post

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

I've looked back across the whole thread here, and can't see a definitive question that you've actively asked PN to do something for you.

Even when Chris asks, you just cryptically answer "I've asked time and time again" but I still can't see it.

There are plenty of rhetorical questions of "Why would I xxx", but the real thing that Plusnet can do for you isn't covered by them

The closest thing I can find is you stating "I've asked Plusnet to change my payment method, but they haven't sorted it out yet!" Is that your question?

If so, it has been answered: "When you set up a direct debit it takes several days to go active, unfortunately the new direct debit has not had enough time to go active and therefore the payment due yesterday has not gone through."

Perhaps the thing you are missing is that, even when the DD is set up, this particular payment won't go through it. I'm sure you still need to make a payment by some other means.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:11:44
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Sorry, you won't be able to see my "questions" as they are on Plusnet's webserver.

I can copy and paste them here, but is that what you require?

The question I raised on here re price increase has been answered but follow-ups haven't for example :-

"wouldn't Plusnet advise customers of this?"

My Broadband Speed Test
===========
Standard User lt567
(committed) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:19:06
Print Post

Well come on be definitive what exactly do you need to know now? All I can see it nit picking they have tried to help you but you still carry on and I don't even understand what you need to know now.

Direct Debits take time to set up, across all companies.
They have offered to refund the pay by card fee for you

Now you are going on about you don't understand customer relations, what about it? If you have a complaint then go through the proper complaints process, or if you actually have a question that is important to your account then ask it clearly so they can answer you.
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:21:06
Print Post

I think the issue here is the delay in getting a standing order active. This has to be authorised via you bank, so is not instant, so PN are unable to take any monies.

It is reasonable to me that if you set up a "new" payment method I would expect the ISP to cancel the original to avoid the danger of have two running concurrently. I assume they only have one active payment method at any one time, and that is now the standing order

It leaves the only option to pay any outstanding monies directly, untill the standing order method is authorised by your bank

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

[email protected]
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:24:01
Print Post

We have *not* increased customers prices across the board, as Kelly says in an earlier reply you've had the non-direct debit surcharge added to your account as there were no active direct debit details when we attempted to bill you. He's also said that once the payment has been taken we'll be happy to refund it.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:29:34
Print Post

[re: Sadoldman] [link to this post]

The payment has been authorised and the code phoned over to Plusnet. Their reaction was to tell me it still takes 7 to 10 days and refusal to put me through to a manager/supervisor.

All I want is Plusnet to take the money that was agreed when I took out the service. They have/had valid payment information, but don't seem to want to take it.

My Broadband Speed Test
===========
Standard User lt567
(committed) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:30:39
Print Post

They said they can't use old payment information, and 7 to 10 days is normal practice.
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:34:54
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by chrisparr:
He's also said that once the payment has been taken we'll be happy to refund it.

Must have missed that one. frown

I'm happy for you to take payment on the original DD. The money is sitting there waiting for you!

I don't have a debit card from my new bank but I'll happily send you a cheque if that will resolve matters? I might even be able to do a bank transfer.

I've never come across a company so reluctant to accept payment before!

My Broadband Speed Test
===========
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to