User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:36:27
Print Post

Re: Price increase

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

As I've mentioned several times in the ticket replies, the payment *cannot* be taken as the direct debit is not active. If you want the payment to be taken now you'll need to pay by card via the methods I've explained. Speaking to a supervisor/manager is already happening (that's me!).

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(isp) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:40:02
Print Post

I'm happy for you to take payment on the original DD. The money is sitting there waiting for you!

I've explained several times that we can't do this as the direct debit is no longer active.

We don't accept cheque or BACs payments, however if you contact our payments team they might be able to sort something out in this one-off situation, although if it's via cheque then it'll be around 10 days before payment clears.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User lt567
(committed) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:44:39
Print Post

You are being reluctant to read what others have put for you on here in all fairness. Fair enough you don't have a bank card but debit/credit card payments are common as well nowadays and would sort you out instantly. Direct Debits as said previously take time to set up and you should expect this, they are not instant. You make it sound as though this is a problem solely on PN but it's not. I mean even if you send a cheque you will have to wait for it to clear and be credited to your account.

Your best bet because you don't have a card is to do the bank transfer if they accept this, usually this is accepted by entering your account number as the reference. This can also still take within a week to show.

Edit.

Just read the other reply and they don't

Edited by lt567 (Fri 07-Jun-13 16:46:21)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:49:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by hk11:
I'm happy for you to take payment on the original DD. The money is sitting there waiting for you!

That DD has gone to it's maker, it is deceased, its's expired....it is a dead DD.

Push the cage all you want......... it is a late DD.

smile

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

[email protected]
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:51:33
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by chrisparr:
I've explained several times that we can't do this as the direct debit is no longer active.

Then re-activate it.

quote=4243776]
if it's via cheque then it'll be around 10 days before payment clears.

So some other charge will be triggered I suppose?

This is impossible! You have a faulty system and it's causing me (and presumably other customers?) grief. I've been a loyal customer for well over a year and have never had a problem with payment. If I remember correctly I paid a month in advance anyway!

Keef- Dartford Kent UK - Plusnet via Siemens Gigaset SE587
My Broadband Speed Test
Previously - Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream,
Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
===========
Standard User lt567
(committed) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:55:13
Print Post

YOU re-activate it you have access to your account yes? Put the details in it will be processed in the normal time frame of direct debits. It's your responsibility to keep payment details up to date at the end of the day, so if your old DD needed changing this should have been done earlier than the billing date so you wouldn't be in this scenario.
(isp) Fri 07-Jun-13 16:58:30
Print Post

If we were to reactivate the old direct debit, that would take 5-7 working days. The same timeframe as adding a new one.

I'd strongly suggest contacting our payments team on the normal phone number and speaking to them about arranging how to pay for this.

Sorry, but after 30+ replies across your tickets and here there really isn't anything else I can add.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team

Edited by chrisparr (Fri 07-Jun-13 17:00:58)

Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Jun-13 17:06:36
Print Post

[re: lt567] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lt567:
should have been done earlier than the billing date so you wouldn't be in this scenario.

It was, but I was unaware that Plusnet would take so long to process it! Had their system warned me that they would just sit on it, I would have delayed changing.

My bank confirmed payment was ready to be taken *on* the payment date. I still don't know why Plusnet haven't taken it.

My Broadband Speed Test
===========
(isp) Fri 07-Jun-13 17:09:33
Print Post

When you set up a new direct debit, we email you with confirmation. This quote is taken directly from that email...

Please remember that your Direct Debit can take up to five working days to process before it becomes active.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Standard User hk11
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Jun-13 17:18:47
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

So why did your operative say 7 to 10 days?

I assume that as my payment was set up 5 days ago you can now take the money?

p.s. Still not received the promised email.

My Broadband Speed Test
===========
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to