User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 31-Aug-13 10:53:26
Print Post

Re: Line rental price hike - confused how it will affect me

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

If you renew with two months outstanding, what happens to the two months? Lost? Or a total of fourteen resulting?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User TLM
(legend) Sat 31-Aug-13 10:56:43
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

No! Just read through it twice more, to make sure. And even did a search. The only place the word "advance" appears in the whole e-mail is about how much advance notice you have to give of migration (up to 14 days, from 10). Nothing to even hint, anywhere, that I might not be paying monthly (or that anyone might not be).

T.
Standard User Al1264
(regular) Sat 31-Aug-13 10:58:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The renewal (up to three months before the existing LRS runs out) adds 12 months (i.e. it doesn't start until the existing LRS expires).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TLM
(legend) Sat 31-Aug-13 11:00:06
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well, I would certainly hope the latter. If it's two months down the drain, then obviously it's a case of getting the calculator out, and finding out whether that's more or less than the price saving. I can't honestly think that you could only retain the lower price by throwing away a couple of months, but I agree it's wise not to assume - which is why I didn't assume about the whole e-mail, but came to ask here.
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 31-Aug-13 11:27:07
Print Post

I renewed mine 3 months early last time and it doesn't change the remaining months but starts a new 12 months when the old one expires as I recall.
Either way you don't lose any months
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 31-Aug-13 12:24:01
Print Post

smile
As expected, the latter, but it was worth asking smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 31-Aug-13 15:20:12
Print Post

Correct

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Sat 31-Aug-13 23:41:59
Print Post

I don't see a saving. The money could be in your bank, you are tied in and still dearer than the likes of Zen @ £11.22 with to tie-in.

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Sep-13 23:01:00
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Customers see it as a saving, and they do save overall. Not much point it being in your bank with the pathetic rates of interest on savings at present, and saving around 40 quid is a more visible benefit for most, I'm sure.

If you want to cite Zen as being cheaper, then why not go the whole hog and switch to Primus at £5.99 a month (line rental only), then use 1899.com for calls to 01/ 02 numbers (5p per call) and international (from 1p/min) and only pay for what calls you make... no tie in after first year.

All depends on what one feels happy with, hence Primus line rental and PlusNet ADSL for me.

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Fri 13-Sep-13 23:11:53
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

Primus Home phone saver is dearer than Zen. http://www.primussaver.co.uk/HomePhone.aspx and if I was silly enough to entertain a long contract tie-in, I would probably be back with BT for the line. Messing around with access numbers is something I grew out of years ago. A lot of messing around, capacity problems and no cheaper than what can be found elsewhere.

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png

Edited by professor973 (Fri 13-Sep-13 23:13:34)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to