User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Oct-13 12:17:49
Print Post

Re: Update - all done!

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ultra:
the page it links to /home-broadband/line-rental-saver/ now 'redirects' back to the packages.
That page says quite clearly that new joiners can order LRS during sign-up or existing members can order it from their Member Centre.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Oct-13 15:05:21
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

It didn't display for more than a part of a second for me, and then went to display broadband packages.

Don't tell me there is another marketing "show different visitors different things" trial going on frown

In my case it redirected to http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/

Looking for FAQs page again (without following the link I posted earlier) I went to

http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/broadband-an...

Took a screen dump too - no mention of Line Rental Saver

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...

Edited by ultra (Thu 10-Oct-13 15:24:50)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 11-Oct-13 17:23:46
Print Post

Working fine for me. From both the original on the FAQs page you gave, and from your post.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 11-Oct-13 17:24:24)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 11-Oct-13 17:28:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Not for me it doesn't, link just redirects to packages and no mention of LRS on the FAQs

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 11-Oct-13 17:33:49
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

The LRS link is in the text of the first FAQ - "How much does Plusnet Home Phone cost?".

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 11-Oct-13 17:34:07)

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 11-Oct-13 18:05:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Right, I was looking at this one, not this one.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 11-Oct-13 18:20:28
Print Post

Redirection took place on 3 or 4 devices (one Android mobile displayed it, one was redirected).

I later on tried Opera instead of Chrome on my iMac and that didn't show the LRS page either.

---

Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 11-Oct-13 18:26:41
Print Post

Thanks for highlighting the different pages so well.

It seems quite odd, since one is likely to consider phone line rental (as it means installation cost may be waived, and also, broadband has 2.50 surcharge if one opts not to rent the line too) when reading about broadband, not to be told about this possible saving.

I haven't been through the order process (as an existing customer, I suspect I'd be redirected to an "upgrade products" page) so don't know if one is prompted for a decision on whether to pay up front and thus save 40ish pounds over the first year, but it isn't in the FAQ and really, I think, should be.

Bit that was more puzzling was the redirect back to packages (more difficult to prove when the page changes before your very eyes, if you even get chance to see it, rather than just the URI).

---

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Oct-13 18:43:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by ultra:
Bit that was more puzzling was the redirect back to packages (more difficult to prove when the page changes before your very eyes, if you even get chance to see it, rather than just the URI).

Yes, I have the same problem with IE8 - the line rental saver page appears for a micro-second, too fast to even register in the browser history shocked
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 11-Oct-13 20:05:22
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

My IE8 doesn't (as previouly reported)!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to