User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Oct-13 20:21:32
Print Post

Re: Update - all done!

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
In reply to a post by ultra:
Bit that was more puzzling was the redirect back to packages (more difficult to prove when the page changes before your very eyes, if you even get chance to see it, rather than just the URI).

Yes, I have the same problem with IE8 - the line rental saver page appears for a micro-second, too fast to even register in the browser history shocked

I initially had that problem (OS is XP) when using the Pale Moon browser so I switched over to IE8 and the problem didn't occur.
Went back to the PM browser and the web page opened where it was meant to on clicking the link.

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Oct-13 20:23:28
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Still only appears just for a moment with IE8, get nothing with Chrome just takes me to http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/ with a slight delay (although strangely it does appear in the Chrome browser history.)

However, fortunately, the broadband only deals are still visible on the PN site smile
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Oct-13 21:12:35
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Might be to do with line rental saver not being available on the weekend package: "Line Rental Saver can't be taken with Plusnet Weekends. Customers on Plusnet Weekends who take Line Rental Saver will be switched to the Line Only package as standard." http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html#talk ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Oct-13 22:33:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by 4M2:
Might be to do with line rental saver not being available on the weekend package: "Line Rental Saver can't be taken with Plusnet Weekends. Customers on Plusnet Weekends who take Line Rental Saver will be switched to the Line Only package as standard." http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html#talk ?

Strange they do that,when I was with BT it didn't matter what package you were on, the option was there to pay the LRS regardless.
(of course that may have changed by now)

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Oct-13 22:53:35
Print Post

As usual the Plusnet site is very confusing, but to simplify it looks as if line rental saver doesn't include weekend calls but the broadband and line rental packages do include weekend calls if the entire package is paid for monthly.

So the line rental saver guide link from this page http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.sht... links to http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/ and in the "legal bit" there is a rather complex explanation regarding the pricing confused
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 12-Oct-13 07:30:16
Print Post

I don't have line rental with Plus.Net but this glitch stops me from viewing the page (most of the time).

I think I used Firefox on one Android mobile, Dolphin on the other. I wondered whether it was to do with my IP and being an existing broadband customer, but oddly, the phone using unlimited data on Three network did NOT show the page, while the phone using Wi-Fi and my Plus.Net ADSL was redirected.

In case it was to do with cookies, I tried both Chrome and Opera on my other iMac, and neither showed the /line-rental-saver/ page. I hardly use Opera (and Chrome is only on 2 of my 5 iMacs, because they're all old but 2 use Intel CPU and can run Chrome, the rest are on older versions of OSX and the PowerPC G5 CPU).

Seems odd that in some situations it displays but in others it redirects. I think if there's an exclusion (if it also depends on your phone calls package) they should put that as a footnote, not just hide the page!

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 12-Oct-13 07:38:13
Print Post

Can understand blocking the LRS from the 'just weekends' calls package, but think there was perhaps no need for them to add a 'weekends only' option at all (and not then have to exclude it from LRS).

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Oct-13 09:53:32
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

If I'm understanding it correctly you can pay an extra £1.50 a month as an upgrade to get "free" evening & weekend calls so if you pay the LRS (£131.88) + twelve months at £1.50 it is cheaper than paying the standard monthly line rental (£14.95) every month for the twelve month period just for free weekend calls.

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Oct-13 12:29:15
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ultra:
Can understand blocking the LRS from the 'just weekends' calls package, but think there was perhaps no need for them to add a 'weekends only' option at all (and not then have to exclude it from LRS).

It does seem rather odd - when I left BT recently they certainly offered me free weekend calls if I made an up front payment for the full year in an attempt to stop me switching. But that was for line rental without broadband which Plusnet don't offer.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Oct-13 12:38:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by Apprentice:
If I'm understanding it correctly you can pay an extra £1.50 a month as an upgrade to get "free" evening & weekend calls so if you pay the LRS (£131.88) + twelve months at £1.50 it is cheaper than paying the standard monthly line rental (£14.95) every month for the twelve month period just for free weekend calls.

There could be a trap if folks think they will be getting free weekend calls when taking a line rental and broadband package and go for LRS - they may think that weekend calls will be free only to discover at a later stage that they are not!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to