User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 12-Oct-13 18:39:26
Print Post

Re: Update - all done!

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I doubt they'd be allowed to order/ pay for LRS if they chose that option.

I had seen the same as Apprentice and suspect many would opt to pay the extra 1.50 /month to get weekend and evening calls, or decide they'd take the deal with no included calls and then use some firm like 1899.com for some of the calls.

I'm in a position where I'm now paying Primus 5.99 a month for just the line with Plus.Net ADSL.

Considering upgrading to FTTC but it works out cheaper for me to pay the extra 2.50 (penalty surcharge for not using Plus.Net for the line rental) than get their line rental then have to fork out a large up-front amount just to bring the line rental down to something more reasonable (but still well in excess of Primus)...

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Oct-13 19:00:26
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ultra:
Considering upgrading to FTTC but it works out cheaper for me to pay the extra 2.50 (penalty surcharge for not using Plus.Net for the line rental) than get their line rental then have to fork out a large up-front amount just to bring the line rental down to something more reasonable (but still well in excess of Primus)...

Will you have the activation fee to pay though? New customers fibre broadband only activation is £50 or an upgrade £25...
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Oct-13 22:26:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by 4M2:
In reply to a post by Apprentice:
If I'm understanding it correctly you can pay an extra £1.50 a month as an upgrade to get "free" evening & weekend calls so if you pay the LRS (£131.88) + twelve months at £1.50 it is cheaper than paying the standard monthly line rental (£14.95) every month for the twelve month period just for free weekend calls.

There could be a trap if folks think they will be getting free weekend calls when taking a line rental and broadband package and go for LRS - they may think that weekend calls will be free only to discover at a later stage that they are not!

This is what I found out after speaking to a member of the COT, it wasn't clearly stated when I asked about LRS that weekend free calls were not available with that option ....... it should have been mentioned especially since it was a COT person that was taking my call.

Alastair

omadasafisho

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 13-Oct-13 00:20:20
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I managed to get a screen shot of the Line Rental Saver page that momentarily appears from the Line Rental Saver guide link on this page http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.sht... and it says: "Thinking of joining us? Just select Line rental Saver when ordering one of our broadband and line rental packages."
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 13-Oct-13 21:56:30
Print Post

Re: Line rental price hike - confused how it will affect me

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
In reply to a post by Apprentice:
It's a bit off topic but I would be interested to here if there are still retention deals being negotiated

I believe it is hard to get on Fibre as the margins are lower, but still possible on ADSL.

Yes it is still possible on ADSL, seemingly the "best deal?" requires line rental moved to PN for 12 months + a 24 month contract for the broadband package.

I took the bait so will see how it goes, hopefully with no headaches from PN whatsoever, must say I had no major problems surfing with the madfish over quite a few years tongue

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Oct-13 08:22:53
Print Post

LRS link

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

Here is a link I was given via a thread on the Community Home Phone forum, you might have/know about it already but thought it might be of interest.

https://portal.plus.net/apps/linerental/saver/portal

(Edit x2 > you need to be signed in to the PN Member Centre to view it + a typo)

Alastair

omadasafisho

Edited by Apprentice (Tue 15-Oct-13 10:25:38)

Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 18-Oct-13 00:19:34
Print Post

Re: LRS link

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Thanks for the link.

For me (broadband customer with line rental from Primus) it says I must have an existing PN phone service to take advantage of LRS and a link allows me to switch my phone line (but no pricing info is displayed).

---

Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 18-Oct-13 00:34:14
Print Post

I would likely pay the upgrade price (but having looked at a number of possible options, it might end up not even getting FTTC from PN)...

As someone pointed out elsewhere in the thread, deals for new customers are more plentiful than for existing customers, considering an upgrade, and PN pricing seems to get more and more complicated now they have added pricing levels depending on line rental, on top of "low cost areas".

(Of course it will get even more complicated once we can order TV bundles too!)

---

Edited by ultra (Fri 18-Oct-13 00:35:33)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 18-Oct-13 00:49:53
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

Line Rental

When you switch your phone service to Plusnet you'll pay line rental to us, instead of your current provider. Pay £14.50 monthly and get your weekend calls included, or save money with Line Rental Saver.

Line Rental Saver

Pay for 12 months line rental in advance for £131.88, equivalent to a monthly price of £10.99 (only available online). This option does not include any inclusive calls.

Call features and call charges will still be billed monthly.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 20-Oct-13 20:54:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the C+P,

---

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to