User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User stevenfrenchy
(member) Wed 23-Jul-14 11:18:59
Print Post

Re: plusnet was great untill last week, are my stats ok?

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

ok guys here's an update on my issue

plusnet sent me an email saying there is a fault on the line , here's their email
Thanks for your patience.

I've tested your line and can see that you are not staying connected to the internet due to some automatic settings on your line which are setting the noise margins to low possibly causing errors and drops in connection leading to a slower than expected speed.

I've arranged for these settings to be altered to try and fix this and these settings have now been applied.

You may notice your broadband connection dropping a little while the exchange and your router configure themselves to work at optimum speeds, but this is perfectly normal, please ensure that your leave your router powered on and connected for the next 2-3 days to ensure the changes aren't reverted.

"after that email was actually stable i haven't felt any disconnection since that day ( a week ago ) my download speed is 6 mb ( no changes )however my upload speed has lost 25% 0.75 mb i was always on 1 mb before , so this what i replied to that email .... and now received the following email

We have asked our wholesale broadband suppliers to turn interleaving on on your phone line to try and fix your current broadband problem.

Interleaving is a form of error correction that helps to improve the stability of high-speed broadband. One drawback of interleaving is that it can increase ping times, which may cause problems for online gamers.

We think that turning on interleaving may help with your connection problems. Interleaving usually takes 24 hours to turn on, but can take up to 5 days to take effect.

If you are still seeing problems with interleaving switched on please get back in touch with us. Thank you for your time and patience

" i do not feel any difference since that email , i also did not reply to that email ( by the way this email was a personal email , the other one was on my plusnet account online )
yesterday i received a call saying they are issues on the line and they need to get an ingeniour over my flat to check it how ever there may be a 60£ fee if the problem is from internal wiring , but i do not want to risk 60£
the flat is only 8 years old do you guys think that might be the problem? i have like 3 or 4 sockets in the flat ( i am currently on the master socket ) shall i try a different one to see if it makes any difference ?
i wouldn't mind to have someone over if there is issue on the line however if i have to pay 60£ just to get my upload speed back ( 0.25 mb extra ) , i would rather not
any suggestions??
thanks for reading all that

here's my new stats
Uptime: 0 days, 18:24:00
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 888 / 7,250
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]: 236.84 / 3.14
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.8 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 21.7 / 39.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 13.6 / 5.6
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 8 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 1 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 1,236 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 271 / 2,686,443
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 3,315
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 20,138

Edited by stevenfrenchy (Wed 23-Jul-14 11:24:21)

Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Jul-14 12:05:54
Print Post

[re: stevenfrenchy] [link to this post]

It looks as though interleaving has been put on upstream and downstream hence the upload speed drop
(member) Wed 23-Jul-14 12:25:15
Print Post

[re: thatadamwalker] [link to this post]

That's what I thought but how to fix it ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 23-Jul-14 12:54:57
Print Post

If you have a normal NTE5 master socket, (some flats have a weird MK setup), take the stats again then remove the faceplate and try the test socket behind it. Take the stats again, and post both sets please, so we can see what differences if any arise wink.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(member) Wed 30-Jul-14 21:31:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

tried in different socket but same result , but at least i get no more disconnections, here's the latest email from plusnet let me know what you guys think
thanks

Thank you for getting back to us.

There's not a minimum assured upload speed for the broadband we provide. On a service with 'uncapped' upload the upstream speed is not limited to 448kbps but can still vary, and the speeds you're reporting would be considered normal. The upload speed may have decreased slightly to improve the stability of the line, as is standard on a rate adaptive service.

If you're not experiencing any instability any more then it would be advisable not to progress for a visit, as this would not be considered a fault by Openreach standards. If issues did recur, however, then you would only ever be charged if an engineer found the fault to be as a result of your actions or your own equipment.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 30-Jul-14 21:42:45
Print Post

If you have stopped getting disconnections, the change of socket is significant.

Presumably your preferred socket is the original one.

Even though the disconnections have stopped, it is likely your line is still being screwed by a wiring problem. The test socket procedure I described is the first step in sorting things out, to optimise your line smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(member) Wed 30-Jul-14 21:51:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

thanks for the reply but if you read the previous post the disconnections stopped when they have done some line adjustment , i was trying to change socket to see if i could get my upload speed back but no success , still stucked at 0.75 mb upload, though before i was 1 mb at all the time
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Jul-14 22:03:52
Print Post

that is because your upstream has had interleaving applied which restricts the sync to 888kbps
Standard User mlmclaren
(member) Wed 30-Jul-14 22:42:13
Print Post

Do you have a socket similar to this Click Here

Or this Click here

This is of great importance and could result in you having your connection returned to normal or even better!!!

(member) Thu 31-Jul-14 10:38:09
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

so there is nothing i can do then?
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to