User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Fri 01-Aug-14 16:36:47
Print Post

Re: plusnet was great untill last week, are my stats ok?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

From the pictures above the orange wire is on t3 and has 4 connected in star fashion

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) (now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 49db on adsl2 or 52.5db on adsl2+ depending on exchange sync)
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 01-Aug-14 16:51:44
Print Post

[re: adamtemp] [link to this post]

smile
True!

All the terminals are of course have got multiple wires, twisted together before insertion by the looks of things. Could be some dodgy connections there on T2 or T5 (and T3) as a result. Or are they screw-down connectors rather than IDCs? Too blurry for me to tell.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 01-Aug-14 16:53:29)

Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Fri 01-Aug-14 18:35:53
Print Post

They have been stripped, twisted and then inserted into the IDC...

"Its so awkward when you could do something to fix an issue with your eyes closed, but can't help someone enough from a distance"

I would get socket of wall, get all pairs out, trimmed and then gel crimp them so that just one pair would go from master > Extension one then to 2 and 3.... thats if each extension has a 2 pair cable going to it with all cores available.... but also in this case I would move master to existing extension location.. again gel crimp...

Hell I'm temped to make a video to help.... Hhm Idea!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 01-Aug-14 19:21:07
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

It's going to need a new NTE5A, those IDC connectors will be wrecked.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Fri 01-Aug-14 19:42:42
Print Post

Indeed it will

Standard User stevenfrenchy
(member) Sat 02-Aug-14 14:29:11
Print Post

not sure what is the difference between those 2 routers they seem very similar ?? that annoys me a little to spend 65£ on a router especially when i only 14£ internet a month ....
i could buy one on amazon to test it and if there is big difference in speed i'll keep otherwise i could return it within 30 days i guess ...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 02-Aug-14 14:43:21
Print Post

[re: stevenfrenchy] [link to this post]

I think the consensus at the moment is that you need to sort out that wiring as it could easily be causing trouble. If that doesn't fix it, then you think about other things like routers.

What would be worth a try, if you don't need the extensions working, is to use the test socket that you have something plugged into in the pics. Stick the dangly filter in there. See if that makes a difference.

Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Sat 02-Aug-14 19:35:28
Print Post

[re: stevenfrenchy] [link to this post]

The difference between the router you suggested on amazon and the one I suggested on TP-Links website is that the one I suggested is also future proofed for use with VDSL (so Plusnet fibre) and also can be used with other providers like Virgin media or even a fibre to the premises service..

So its an all round compatible router.

Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Sat 02-Aug-14 19:37:07
Print Post

I also agree,

Also I must ask, do you have a house phone and also what router are you currently using.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 02-Aug-14 20:04:51
Print Post

Is that question to me, or the poster smile.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to