User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Sat 02-Aug-14 20:18:48
Print Post

Re: plusnet was great untill last week, are my stats ok?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

oh balls.. sorry, the poster...

Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Sat 02-Aug-14 20:19:40
Print Post

[re: stevenfrenchy] [link to this post]

Also I must ask, do you have a house phone and also what router are you currently using.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 02-Aug-14 22:11:40
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

smile

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Thu 07-Aug-14 08:20:12
Print Post

Did you resolve this yet?

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) (now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 49db on adsl2 or 52.5db on adsl2+ depending on exchange sync)
Standard User stevenfrenchy
(member) Fri 08-Aug-14 10:43:38
Print Post

[re: adamtemp] [link to this post]

no i was advised to leave it connected on test socket for 72 hours but i can't do it because of kids running around in this area so will do it when the kids are away
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Fri 08-Aug-14 12:44:50
Print Post

Did you follow the advice of removing all the ring wires?

You do have filters plugged in on each extension in use?

That wiring realy needs sorting. I would guess that you experinced the thunder storms around the time when the issue started

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) (now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 49db on adsl2 or 52.5db on adsl2+ depending on exchange sync)
(member) Sat 09-Aug-14 20:58:17
Print Post

it's definitely not a weather issue, my connection was the same from day one , i also not confident about those wires , if i touch the wrong one and i get no more internet i would be gutted
Standard User adamtemp
(experienced) Sun 10-Aug-14 07:42:49
Print Post

You just need to remove the orange wires in your photo that will be marked on the socket with a number 3 you only need 2 and 5 connected blue/ white white / blue again as per your photo 2 and 5 are the ones that carry the voice and data.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 10-Aug-14 09:30:16
Print Post

He needs to be ultra-careful with where the tips of the orange wires go. Don't forget, the insulation has been stripped off. I wonder how there are 3 or 4 orange but 2(?) blue/white-blue?

@steven - but preferably don't cut off the stripped bit, and definitely do not tuck them behind the test socket.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(member) Tue 12-Aug-14 20:56:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

ok thanks for your help
what is the orange wire for ? this is the socket extension right ? then if i unplug it i would not have broadband on any other socket but this one right ? ( i am not using the master socket )
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to