User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 26-Feb-15 09:30:59
Print Post

Re: All installed

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Made no difference to the download, still around 16, upload have gone to ten.

I may try the plusnet router later just to see, but I doubt it will make any difference.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 26-Feb-15 18:07:52
Print Post

Ummm. If you didn't use the Plusnet router from the start, what did you use, and what configuration?

Let's hope the DLM hasn't been screwed up.

You've got another thread somewhere on here as well. That's a pain. I'll go and see if there's anything there ....

Edit: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4391839-pow...
Where the speed problem is being discussed already but with little progress so far.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 60.0/17.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 26-Feb-15 18:13:53)

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 26-Feb-15 19:50:20
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Ummm. If you didn't use the Plusnet router from the start, what did you use, and what configuration?

Yes, I've only worked out he has an ECI modem, and no idea what router. Its quite possible the router is too old/slow to handle anything faster *with PPPoE* in use.

plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - 80/20 - Summer/dry sync 55/9.4, Winter/wet sync 52/9.1
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM - Summer PN speed - Winter PN speed

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Feb-15 10:52:52
Print Post

Let's hope the DLM hasn't been screwed up.

You've got another thread somewhere on here as well. That's a pain. I'll go and see if there's anything there ....

Edit: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4391839-pow...
Where the speed problem is being discussed already but with little progress so far.

I been using my TP-link cable router, it is only 2 and a half years old I expect it can cope with a lot higher speed than FTTC can give.

I done a ethernet test, still 16 down, 7 up, I change the router to plusnet, still the same.

changing the router should make no difference to DLM, if I mucked around with the modem that would be another thing, Something is wrong somewhere, I will wait for the ten days and then get in touch with plusnet, not that I think the ten days will make a difference.
I paying £1.50 more a month more or less for a extra 5Mb.s in speed. WOW.
Maybe I should have stayed with my old provider and waited for them to sort it out.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 27-Feb-15 11:59:11
Print Post

Have Plusnet told you to wait ten days? As several of us have said, that is a nonsense.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 60.0/17.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Feb-15 12:18:29
Print Post

Have Plusnet told you to wait ten days? As several of us have said, that is a nonsense.

No, i thought i should.

this is the result I got from the BT wholesale test

0 Mbps 39.86 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 16.63 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 31.89 Mbps-39.86 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 39.86 Mbps

should I contact plusnet then?

Adrian

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Feb-15 12:49:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:

That's useful to know - your sync speed is about 3.3% higher than this: about 41.2Mbps

You ought to get download speeds of around 37-38Mbps.

should I contact plusnet then?

I would indeed. They might make you wait, but they might check things at their end.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 27-Feb-15 13:24:55
Print Post

As WWWombat says, yes! Something is not right.

It is possible that your account has not been correctly activated.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Feb-15 14:17:27
Print Post

ok, i sent a trouble shooting thing to plusnet, went through all their bits, like connecting the computer directly to the modem and I got 37Megabits.
thinking that the problem may be thre ethernet cable from the moden to the router I connected it all up again and thought i do a quick check and I got 35Mb/s via wi-fi.

so it seems to be working, now I have no idea if Plusnet sorted it out that qquickly or the ethernet cable was not int he modem right as the BT man put it in.

What ever if it was plusnet that sorted it, thank you and also thinks to you lot on here.
This is what the BT test told me

Download speedachieved during the test was - 35.48 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 31.89 Mbps-39.86 Mbps .
Additional Information:

Thanks once again.
Now I am exhausted from running up and down the stairs, getting long Ethernet cables out from cupboards. flipping chemo.

So going to have a lie down

Happy now.

Adrian

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 27-Feb-15 15:39:04
Print Post

Pleased it's sorted. Problems like that are the last thing you need at any time, never mind right now. At least you don't need to fret about it for days smile.

Oh - sig and profile to update.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 27-Feb-15 15:39:48)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to