User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 29-Mar-15 18:34:44
Print Post

Re: Are PlusNet speeds in meltdown?

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I keep saying I'm sync'ed to the exchange - Bah! Of course, I mean the cabinet.

Plusnet do not see me trying to log in at their Radius servers.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync zilch (problem somewhere) since 11:46a.m. 24/3/15
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 29-Mar-15 18:42:32
Print Post

[re: Alucidnation] [link to this post]

Are you saying three different gateways? Are you checking what they are?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync zilch (problem somewhere) since 11:46a.m. 24/3/15
Standard User barker04
(regular) Sun 29-Mar-15 19:31:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I believe this is due to some congestion somewhere within BT network - I currently have the prioritised service on my line and everything feels better. Streaming doesnt buffer and Now TV doesnt downgrade quality, I also dont get slow downs at peak times. Not sure I want to continue paying the extra £9 a month for it though so contemplating next move.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User LeJimster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 29-Mar-15 20:19:39
Print Post

[re: barker04] [link to this post]

i used to find that a bunch of gateways were always overloaded, but a few had great performance for much of the time. Now it seems like nearly every gateway is slow. The last few days have seen a nose dive in performance. Struggling to buffer some youtube videos at 720p, which is poor since I'm synced at 50/10.

I hate jumping from ISP to ISP, but I'm pretty sure we've been with Plusnet for ~18 months and it may be time to look elsewhere if things don't improve soon.

plusnet Unlimited Fibre ~50Mb/10Mb
Standard User barker04
(regular) Sun 29-Mar-15 20:22:46
Print Post

[re: LeJimster] [link to this post]

No issues here currently

Speed Test
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 29-Mar-15 20:29:14
Print Post

[re: timl] [link to this post]

smile

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 29-Mar-15 20:29:54
Print Post

[re: juzzy25] [link to this post]

smile.

Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 29-Mar-15 22:31:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I spoke too sooon. Twitter,tbb and google broken on bng03
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 29-Mar-15 22:35:10
Print Post

[re: Taras] [link to this post]

That sounds more like a DNS problem. All MSILs and gateways look normal. (Scroll right down).

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 29-Mar-15 22:55:09
Print Post

[re: barker04] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by barker04:
I believe this is due to some congestion somewhere within BT network - I currently have the prioritised service on my line and everything feels better. Streaming doesnt buffer and Now TV doesnt downgrade quality, I also dont get slow downs at peak times. Not sure I want to continue paying the extra £9 a month for it though so contemplating next move.

Is that the "pro" add on? I thought it was more than £9/m.

I think the problem reported here seems regional which would be BT wholesale rather than Plusnet.

plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - 80/20 - Summer/dry sync 55/9.4, Winter/wet sync 52/9.1
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM - Summer PN speed - Winter PN speed
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to