User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 27-Apr-15 21:40:03
Print Post

Re: Broken :(

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

First login to your account on the PN portal and the link should hopefully take you to the High-speed Broadband page:-

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer...

smile

plusnet user
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Apr-15 11:47:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
You need to look at the "Current line speed", like I said. If it's low will probably self-correct anyway before tomorrow morning.

It is still 10Mb/s in speed test, so it have not changed, I did send Plusnet person a private message, not sure if anythintg will be done or I should just open a ticket.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
ISP Representative MattyPlusnet
(isp) Tue 28-Apr-15 19:43:36
Print Post

Thanks for passing your username on.

I have updated the ticket for you, however we haven't been able to find a source of the fault just yet. I'll make sure that we keep an eye on things for you.

Matty
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Apr-15 23:41:03
Print Post

[re: MattyPlusnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MattyPlusnet:
Thanks for passing your username on.

I have updated the ticket for you, however we haven't been able to find a source of the fault just yet. I'll make sure that we keep an eye on things for you.

Matty

I had another BTOR person out, but according to him the speed is fine even up to the house at 37Mb/s. he could only get the speed outside, as I was out.
It is strange as it was fine before the problem at the cabinet

i just done another speed test, all is ok again, speed it back to 30 odd download, still not much above 7 upload. So it seems the problem is sorted.
Thanks for the help.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 29-Apr-15 00:04:00
Print Post

Because the Plusnet "Current line speed" will have updated.

Why did you refuse utterly to look what it was, as requested by some of us? It would have provided an immediate explanation for the low speed, and the knowledge that it would in all probability soon self-correct frown.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Apr-15 09:25:24
Print Post

When was looking for it for my sister the click path never seemed simple

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 29-Apr-15 09:28:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
When was looking for it for my sister the click path never seemed simple
Not simple? When logged in to the portal it's two clicks - Connection settings from the left hand menu and then the High speed broadband icon.

Edit: Just realised before the pedants jump in it's three clicks, one single click and one double click!

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001

Edited by jelv (Wed 29-Apr-15 09:30:56)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Apr-15 10:16:50
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Took a while to realise that the configured throughput (IP Profile) was part of the High Speed broadband icon.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-Apr-15 10:22:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Because the Plusnet "Current line speed" will have updated.

Why did you refuse utterly to look what it was, as requested by some of us? It would have provided an immediate explanation for the low speed, and the knowledge that it would in all probability soon self-correct frown.

I did look, the current line speed was 10Mb/s, all that showed was what I already knew that my speed was low.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User WelshWArrior
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 29-Apr-15 10:44:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I agree with MR Saffron - Plusnet don't make it simple. My brother was looking to see what his profile was in the portal. He couldn't find it and rang me so I had to explain to him where it was.

Why is it under Connection settings? It's not actually a setting is it? It's more informational. Also, why call it high speed broadband? Why not call it Line Profile or Current Line Speed profile so people who aren't in the know can find it easier?

-------------------------------------------
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
My speedtest result
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to