User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Apr-15 11:33:18
Print Post

Re: Broken :(

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

How soon after migrating out does PlusNet stop access to the portal, i.e. to see if final bill is being raised etc

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 29-Apr-15 11:48:01
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

It meant there was no line fault so you are lucky not to have been charged for the engineer visit. All it needed was Plusnet support to reset that figure. However, as I forecast, it auto-updated fairly quickly anyway.

You could have saved yourself the hassle and worry.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 29-Apr-15 14:57:06
Print Post

It didn't just show you your speed was low, it would have told us why it was low. We could then have advised you to ring up and ask for your current line speed to be set to match your IP profile and 5 minutes later it would have all been sorted! (We don't ask these questions for the sake of it!)

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-Apr-15 21:29:32
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
It meant there was no line fault so you are lucky not to have been charged for the engineer visit. All it needed was Plusnet support to reset that figure. However, as I forecast, it auto-updated fairly quickly anyway.

You could have saved yourself the hassle and worry.

i did not ask for the BTOR engineer and I put in a note to say that that I been told it needed a reset, so it was plusnet who sent out the engineer.
The first time yes as it was a problem with the cabinet.

Still not as high as it was before the fault, but it is ok.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 29-Apr-15 22:53:51
Print Post

LOL. That means someone at Plusnet needs, (as the old Digital Care Team used to say), "a little retraining!"

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
ISP Representative MattyPlusnet
(isp) Thu 30-Apr-15 19:33:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Just to clarify; we never actually scheduled in an engineer appointment. This of course, means no charge (for the customer or Plusnet).

Occasionally, engineers will take it upon themselves to check the service is working with the end user. I can only assume that this is what happened if they showed their face.

Certainly wouldn't be afraid to offer "a little retraining" should it be necessary.

Matty
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 30-Apr-15 21:47:25
Print Post

[re: MattyPlusnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MattyPlusnet:
Just to clarify; we never actually scheduled in an engineer appointment. This of course, means no charge (for the customer or Plusnet).

Occasionally, engineers will take it upon themselves to check the service is working with the end user. I can only assume that this is what happened if they showed their face.

Certainly wouldn't be afraid to offer "a little retraining" should it be necessary.

Matty

Fair enough, thanks for clearing that up. As i said all is working now, so thank you.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Fri 01-May-15 10:25:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

If you ask for the account to be downgraded to an email only account, which is free on my account, then access remains open.

David

Infinity 2 over FTTP from BTBroadband
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-May-15 12:21:21
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

are you sure as I thought that the free downgrade went a long time ago and it now costs £20 per annum
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Fri 01-May-15 12:38:31
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

My account summary in the member centre says:

Product - PlusNet Residential Generic Services Product
Cost - £N/A(monthly)

When I initially enquired about the downgrade I was told that the price was £1.65 per month but that they did not think that I would be charged. I have not been charged.

David

Infinity 2 over FTTP from BTBroadband
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to