User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 12-Jul-15 11:57:50
Print Post

Re: Missing icon from PN portal

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

The ex BE bulgarian staff are now assisting sky pro customers, but that support forum is locked off to the public.

Personally to me they dont look that good compared to plusnet forum staff.

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Jul-15 20:01:10
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Are you actually complaining about losing a couple of Mb at 70 odd Mb/s?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-Jul-15 20:39:06
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Are you actually complaining about losing a couple of Mb at 70 odd Mb/s?
yes i actually am, dam right i'm complaining as it does not matter what my sync speed is, the isp should not be Capping throughput because of their traffic shaping/Secondary IP profile, that i did not want or need,(there should be a way of opting out of it) particularly when they advertise and make claims that they don't slow you down or throttle ,they IMO shafted me and are shafting all their customers and they know this, but will never admit it, but as long as they have people who think what ever they do is ok this is what the rest of us will have to put up with
BTW are another company who like to shaft people but lucky for them they don't deal direct with EU's

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 12-Jul-15 20:48:40)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Jul-15 22:02:43
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

IMO shafted me and are shafting all their customers and they know this

Rubbish. That you fail to understand what is happening doesn't mean that someone is shafting you although one mustn't discount the possibility that someone at PlusNet might just have got a bit tired of your continual whining and decided to specifically target you.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 12-Jul-15 22:09:20
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

I think he's left, but he won't tell us which ISP now gives him 75Mbps.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57840/12740kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jul-15 23:06:25
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
The ex BE bulgarian staff are now assisting sky pro customers, but that support forum is locked off to the public.

Personally to me they dont look that good compared to plusnet forum staff.

Personally, I've had a rock solid 80/20 connection from Sky (at full 80/20 sync) for 18 months+ - it never misses a beat, you get all the speed, all the time, no fuss and no need to contact support ever because it just doesn't let you down.
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jul-15 23:07:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

As I said, on Plusnet the effect on FTTC of their Current line speed is at most 100kbps.

From some PN FTTC I'm involved with, I'd disagree.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 14-Jul-15 23:26:26
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

It was pointed out earlier that 200kbps seems to be the case.

I think you may be saying that there seem to be other throughput losses. I think you may be right, but that isn't the same thing as the hard cap that the Current line speed sets before those kick in.

It could be to do with the buffering involved in the prioritisation system. Given the overall throughput increase due to the increase in the number of customers, plus the radical change in the way people use the net in the last couple of years, it wouldn't be surprising if that side of the system wasn't creaking.

Queuing systems are complex beasties smile. A small slowdown in one place can cause a huge jam elsewhere, as on motorways.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57840/12740kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jul-15 00:29:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
It was pointed out earlier that 200kbps seems to be the case.

I think you may be saying that there seem to be other throughput losses. I think you may be right, but that isn't the same thing as the hard cap that the Current line speed sets before those kick in.

It could be to do with the buffering involved in the prioritisation system. Given the overall throughput increase due to the increase in the number of customers, plus the radical change in the way people use the net in the last couple of years, it wouldn't be surprising if that side of the system wasn't creaking.

Queuing systems are complex beasties smile. A small slowdown in one place can cause a huge jam elsewhere, as on motorways.
Well the affects in reality for me where a dam sight more than only 200kbps when set to 77.4 or a 77.44 BTW profile , it improved when set to 78mbps but still resulted in a lower throughput than what i should of had, I don't really care what part of they system was responsible,
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jul-15 00:33:27
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
IMO shafted me and are shafting all their customers and they know this

Rubbish. That you fail to understand what is happening doesn't mean that someone is shafting you although one mustn't discount the possibility that someone at PlusNet might just have got a bit tired of your continual whining and decided to specifically target you.

Perish the thought that i may of complained about the [censored] service i was getting on an all too frequent basis why shouldn't i complain? Why should anyone put up with & keep paying for service's or goods that aren't fit for purpose
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to