User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User alext05
(committed) Fri 14-Aug-15 08:00:56
Print Post

Re: Consider leaving plusnet

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
True but u are paying more expensive thought! What the point of paying £44 a month for fibre and phone line?

I am guessing that all of your wardrobe is from Primark otherwise it wouldn't make sense. smile
Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Fri 14-Aug-15 08:59:09
Print Post

As others say it depends what price you put on service.

Good example this week as I had two separate faults with two different smaller providers.

Voice fault with Zen. Phoned support which was answered immediately. Line tested, fault confirmed and raised with BT all while on the phone. Took less than 5 minutes.
When the fault was cleared they actually phoned me shocked to see if all was now OK. When I didn't answer I got a text message asking the same question.

Fibre with Xilo. Raised a ticket and had a reply back from Matt in 2 min 7 seconds! Not a scripted reply but detailing what the plan was to resolve the problem.

For me it's worth paying the extra for that level of response but everyone has different priorities.

xilo Fibre+ BQM
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Fri 14-Aug-15 09:21:32
Print Post

[re: alext05] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by alext05:
True but u are paying more expensive thought! What the point of paying £44 a month for fibre and phone line?

I am guessing that all of your wardrobe is from Primark otherwise it wouldn't make sense. smile

Only when I can't find what I need in the charity shops.

Just moved from Plusnet to BT mainly based on price (because of special offers), also FON and one or two other details, but I was seriously considering Pulse8 and will consider them again in 12 months when my contract is up. Happier to pay extra for broadband than for clothes; I'm just gambling on not needing to call service.

--
Moved from PlusNet back to BT. Both gave decent service.

Edited by StephenTodd (Fri 14-Aug-15 09:22:21)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Aug-15 11:06:00
Print Post

In a lot of things in life you get what you pay for.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Fri 14-Aug-15 11:32:44
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Totally Agree

I've just gone from a £50 a month solution to a £180 a month solution. I get basically an uncontended managed leased line. To me it's going to have several benefits. From having my own (sort of) dedicated line to writing off some tax smile
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Fri 14-Aug-15 11:33:39
Print Post

[re: alext05] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by alext05:

We SO NEED a like button on here laugh. At one point this person had Virgin and Plusnet at the same time - what the point of paying £80 a month for fibre phone and cable?

Edited by ZenUserJP (Fri 14-Aug-15 11:34:22)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Aug-15 11:47:51
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

I don't have Virgin at all. Just Plusnet fibre and phone. I used to have both before but not anymore.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Aug-15 15:38:11
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

I'd go back to BT but they don't do static IP on home accounts, and business is stupidly priced.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 - Since 2 Jun 14 - Aug 15 Sync: 56575/9911 - G.INP download only frown
16 years UK broadband (Since 1999 ntl:cable trial), Asus RT-AC68U & HG612 - BQM - Flash Speedtest - HTML Speedtest
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Aug-15 22:21:32
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

Can't wait to bin Plusnet off... it gets worse by the week!

The customer service seems to be getting worse too, one person says one thing, another says something else and another does something else....

and tonight, both single thread and multi thread downloads all over the place, upstream not to stable either.... radio streaming keeps dropping out, packet loss.... and pings all over the place...

FTTC 63500/19999
FTTN 57344/3170
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Sat 15-Aug-15 00:13:34
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
Can't wait to bin Plusnet off... it gets worse by the week!

The customer service seems to be getting worse too, one person says one thing, another says something else and another does something else....

and tonight, both single thread and multi thread downloads all over the place, upstream not to stable either.... radio streaming keeps dropping out, packet loss.... and pings all over the place...

Sorry to say but thank god I am not on Plusnet!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to