User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 16-Aug-15 16:56:26
Print Post

Re: Consider leaving plusnet

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

IIRC in the days of BT Centrals, Plusnet had no control over which Central you would end up on when you re-connected. Didn't they say BT Wholesale used a dumb round-robin system? Which is why if one went down PN had to boot people off a few to rebalance the system after it came back up.

An intelligent system would just have loaded the newly available one.

Similarly, I believe it isn't always the gateway giving the trouble now. It can be something in the path before them and hence before the gateway itself.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 16-Aug-15 16:58:45)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 16-Aug-15 23:20:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Didn't they say BT Wholesale used a dumb round-robin system?

Yes I seem to recall that and IIRC when I was with madasafish in the Brightview days if browsing got sluggish it was common practise for those in the know to hop to another gateway to try and get an improvement.

plusnet user
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sun 20-Sep-15 23:01:42
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

You may want to go back to Plusnet.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2858...

Currently on unlimited 76Mb fibre with plusnet. I've been offered a retention deal of £10 per month for this. Am I likely to beat this anywhere else?

No 24 month contract either smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 21-Sep-15 06:29:19
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
Currently on unlimited 76Mb fibre with plusnet. I've been offered a retention deal of £10 per month for this. Am I likely to beat this anywhere else?

No 24 month contract either smile

What a load of rubbish whoever got this deal is untrue. Plusnet offers is always in a new 18 or 24 months contact. They will not do any deal for one month contact but they can do it but only at the standard price like £19.99 per month in lower price area!

As for £10 a month deal with Plusnet with no contract is loads of rubbish.

Edited by adslmax (Mon 21-Sep-15 06:30:49)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 21-Sep-15 09:01:21
Print Post

My guess is that the retention 'deal' will see him downgraded to 40/2.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 21-Sep-15 09:38:06
Print Post

Where does it say no long contract?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to