User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-Jul-15 09:24:41
Print Post

Re: Consider leaving plusnet

[re: hippyharry] [link to this post]

I have been thinking through the same thing with BT. You can't leave now because your LRS is not affected. But, by the time the LRS ends you are outside of the 30 day window. My suspicion is you can't break out of the fibre contract without losing the LRS payment.
Standard User hippyharry
(regular) Tue 28-Jul-15 09:26:15
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Yeah.

When I upgraded to fibre in June this year, I agreed to an 18 month contract. So I'm trying to work out whether I have the right to break the contract in November for the fibre, or am I consigned to Plusnet for another 12 months at that point?
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Jul-15 09:42:41
Print Post

I don't think so - in fact I am almost sure that you can't

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 28-Jul-15 10:01:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by hippyharry:
In November when my phone line would then revert to a monthly £16.99 charge, do I have the right to break out of my contract for free?

Nooope!

Unless your contract ends then, it would be a no, you agree when signing up for LRS that its no refundable, I have advised people try arguing with Plusnet to see if they will give a partial refund or goodwill gesture but to be honest I've not heard of any success "yet" and doubt there will be any either.

WBC @ 4500m> TP-Link TD-W8968v3
FTTC @ 450m > HG612 > Asus RT-AC87U
FTTN Coming Soon
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Jul-15 10:33:37
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

U will lose LRS with non-refundable end of! PN will not offer a gesture goodwill. No chance!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 28-Jul-15 10:48:58
Print Post

As the others have said, Harry, no.

There have been several threads on the Community forum but all say the same, and the forum reps have been quite clear on it as well as the retentions/cancellations people.

You can use the 30-day window to tell them you are leaving, but so far as I recall nobody has strongly argued the toss about people with LRS and that they should be able to leave when that expires, once they've been told no.

I have a feeling that Ofcom didn't think of that snare, and that if a group of people raised it with them there may be a ruling in users' favour. Either a deferred leaving, or (less likely) a partial LRS refund. But that's just a hypothesis. It's clearly unfair as it is, and their whole drive is fairness, so there might be a chance.

If you really want to get out in the way you say, then contact Plusnet now and try to get the deferred choice. When they almost certainly refuse then you have the options of either or both complaining to Ofcom and asking for a deadlock letter so you can go to CISAS.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Tue 28-Jul-15 11:38:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I agree with Bob on this, having travelled this road with BT last year. I think the 18-month contracts are designed to make it harder (more expensive) to leave. First, line rental and BB are usually out of synch so you have a month or two on full rate waiting for the other to expire. Second, after 12 months' LRS you either pay full rate for six months until the BB expires, or you sign up for another 12 mths LRS which take you into another 18-mth contract or six mths on full rate line rental. Heads you lose, tails the ISP wins. In fairness the PN package offers good value while it works.
Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Tue 28-Jul-15 12:08:44
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
Nooope!

Unless your contract ends then, it would be a no, you agree when signing up for LRS that its no refundable, I have advised people try arguing with Plusnet to see if they will give a partial refund or goodwill gesture but to be honest I've not heard of any success "yet" and doubt there will be any either.
I have been assisting a relative in switching from Plusnet due to the price rise, and we successfully got a refund of 8 months of LRS.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Jul-15 12:19:36
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Looking at some of the threads on here it would seem at face value at least, that most people don't care about the quality of there broadband they get in return for what they pay , but soon as the price increases they want out, as they appear to want to always be with the cheapest provider,
no wonder it's getting hard to find a decent provider
Keep voice and bb separate with mass market suppliers and keep flexabilty

Edited by tommy45 (Tue 28-Jul-15 12:24:23)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Jul-15 12:22:59
Print Post

[re: vimto_girl] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vimto_girl:
I have been assisting a relative in switching from Plusnet due to the price rise, and we successfully got a refund of 8 months of LRS.

Is that honest from you? I find it hard to believe it! As the T&C's stated u won't get refund on LRS once u took it, as it non-refundable stated in T & C's.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to