User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Jul-15 16:24:08
Print Post

Re: Consider leaving plusnet

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

Yes I aware of this as I did seen this last night as I don't like being put on ADSL for a long weeks with up to 8Mbps as my daughter need her school exam on HD streaming video editor and also ULTRA HD on Netflix over the summer holiday has put me concerning over this one!
Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Tue 28-Jul-15 16:54:20
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I didn't have to fight too hard actually. I wanted to do it all on a ticket so we had any promise in writing, but it takes 7/8 days in the world of Plusnet support between each and every response. So I just emailed Ofcom after Plusnet's first answer of 'no', they had talks with Plusnet and dealt with it all, then a manager updated the ticket agreeing to refund.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 28-Jul-15 17:02:36
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Just had an e-mail exchange with them and can confirm they will now do a straight FTTC->FTTC migration from Plusnet to Pulse8. They said FTTC->FTTC depends on the provider but I assume it includes any non-LLU providers.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Jul-15 17:11:49
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

They should updated on their site to avoid further confusion FTTC > ADSL > FTTC
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 28-Jul-15 17:19:22
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Yes, they have told me it's a fairly new development(few weeks) and they are not publicising it much so they can make sure everything is working properly before updating the site.
Standard User ChrisAO
(learned) Wed 29-Jul-15 11:18:54
Print Post

Just to mention that it isn't only Line Rental increases to consider but call charge and call package increases to take into account as well.

ChrisAO
Plusnet customer since June 2003.
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jul-15 10:07:14
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
its clear LRS days are numbered, even without ofcom intervening I believe LRS will disappear as the savings compared to normal line rental go down every year to a point the isp will say there is no longer a place for LRS.

Yes, it's disappearing because now they've all achieved this ridiculous setup where LR is really expensive and BB is really cheap, so they want you on both to make it viable (mostly for marketing purposes as it makes BB seem cheap and people resign themselves to LR in the end...) ... why would they then want to reduce the LR cash cow so that they make less - especially since the only possible sanity for it as it stands is that the discount is because they have less admin to do (less invoices to you, and so on) - but since almost everyone I know of still gets billed monthly for the Broadband, it's not even administratively beneficial to the ISP.

Therefore...

Since they've all made it harder to get a good overall price that is competitive even with the LR at full price, you'll bend over and take it.

What Ofcom should do is get shot of this artificial "cheap" broadband and spiralling Line Rental farce.

If it goes up much more it'll be at 50% gross margin for the LR component, which is ridiculous.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 30-Jul-15 12:10:51
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by therioman:
What Ofcom should do is get shot of this artificial "cheap" broadband and spiralling Line Rental farce.

Let's say Ofcom capped line rental to £18 for the next 3 years (which of course they would never do).

Would it really make any difference if the broadband cost spiralled instead of the line rental cost?

Oliver.
Standard User ferretuk
(member) Thu 30-Jul-15 12:43:32
Print Post

It would make a huge difference to phone customers who don't have broadband!
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 30-Jul-15 12:54:46
Print Post

[re: ferretuk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ferretuk:
It would make a huge difference to phone customers who don't have broadband!

A dwindling number indeed. And I don't think the anger towards line rental increases is in sympathy to those people, anyway.

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to