User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jul-15 13:46:12
Print Post

Re: Consider leaving plusnet

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
And I don't think the anger towards line rental increases is in sympathy to those people, anyway.

I expect you're right about that. But I do find the whole thing very annoying - it is effectively cross-subsidising one part of the business from another, which may not technically be illegal but it is the sort of thing that is frowned upon and sometimes results in action being taken.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 65000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 30-Jul-15 14:05:12
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
But I do find the whole thing very annoying - it is effectively cross-subsidising one part of the business from another, which may not technically be illegal but it is the sort of thing that is frowned upon and sometimes results in action being taken.

True, but really, how many landline users do not have broadband these days? Most people point towards pensioners, but all the ones I know have broadband. I would like to see some official statistics on the subject, it would be interesting.

And of course BT Basic is available to those who are hardest up, at a reasonable £5.10 per month.

Oliver.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jul-15 16:06:30
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Plusnet & all other isps don't have Basic package like BT Basic package for pensioners and unemployed.

The line rental, calls increase are to blame due to BT rights to boardcast BT Sports even thought it so unfair because what IF we don't have any BT Sports (not interesting in football)?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 30-Jul-15 17:30:11
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

I'm happy about big-boy hiked line rentals now tongue. Keeps my broadband cheap. Line rental now £14 with Pulse8, including caller display and 1571 and very cheap calls. I see Aquiss, which is a much better-known name, is £13, but calls and add-ons more expensive.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jul-15 17:43:26
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Who can get BT Basic? (pdf download)

You must be getting one of the
benefits below:

Income Support

Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance

Pensions Credit (Guaranteed Credit)

Employment and Support Allowance (income related)

Universal Credit (and are on zero earnings)

plusnet user
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jul-15 17:46:49
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Pulse8 fibreoptic package from £38 a month, too much for me even if I could get Superfast BB.

plusnet user
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 30-Jul-15 18:04:29
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Yes, but after the Sprat, BT is £16:99, with line rental now going up to £17:99, then to avoid the scandalous call connection fees and call charges, you need to add about another £8 for anytime calls, then your chosen add on's such as 1571 etc, then get tied into a long contract. Much dearer than Pulse8. Even Plusnet are not cheaper on my Market 1 exchange, but you have the bonus of poor customer service and long contract thrown in.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 30-Jul-15 18:20:56
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Don't forget that includes line rental.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jul-15 18:23:20
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

BT have started selling another product Home Phone saver 2018 which is locked until 2018, but last years deal was better, Because they have increased the min term from 12 to 18mths as well as the price
You get a few addon services free basically,
For me i would save around £2 per month when compared with LRS and my existing any time plan with free caller ID , choose to refuse , anonymous caller reject , and 1471 call return ring back would of been a better add-on to of had inclusive could of made more use of that, not really value for money IMO at £20.99 a month

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 30-Jul-15 18:24:08)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 30-Jul-15 18:59:27
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

LOL £20.18.

So its like the fuel companies, a price lock in in anticipation of future inflation busting price rises, £20 for copper line rental is just insane.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to