User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jul-15 19:24:36
Print Post

Re: Consider leaving plusnet

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
LOL £20.18.

So its like the fuel companies, a price lock in in anticipation of future inflation busting price rises, £20 for copper line rental is just insane.
line rental + any-time unlimited calling plan +200 sms txt as well, still a rip off if you don't hammer the land line with outgoing calls every month, But a 18month min term is taking the p and an insult IMO

As said i'll be switching to another cheaper provider for line rental , as bt's latest price hike was one too far

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 30-Jul-15 19:26:00)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jul-15 19:40:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Not so bad then tongue

I had a look see at the PN "legal bit" for fbreoptic+LR and once all the initial special offers are finished Plusnet are of a similar monthly cost for those customers not living in a "low cost area".
However the COT might/would probably offer inducements to remain with PN if asked by an existing customer.

plusnet user
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jul-15 19:54:43
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I got a better deal with PN yesterday,

Unlimited Fibre Extra (80/20) @ 12.50 per month fixed price for 24 months
Line Rental @ 12.00 per month fixed price for 24 months
Anytime Plan £6.00 per month
Total monthly £30.50 per month on a new 24 months contract.

This deal matched SSE when Plusnet agreed to match this.

Discount apply on account for 24 months are £12.48 (a saving of £299.52 over two years)

Pleased with this offer and took this new deal. smile

Plus a further £2.50 a month off for family / friends referral so it will come down to £28 a month for 2 years smile

Edited by adslmax (Fri 31-Jul-15 03:10:17)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jul-15 20:03:34
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Reduced monthly costs, no wonder you're pleased. smile

plusnet user
Standard User zom22
(member) Thu 30-Jul-15 20:09:41
Print Post

So Adslmax having started this thread by saying they were leaving as Plusnet has gone downhill has now decided that having been given a price reduction they are now staying and that Plusnet's alleged performance does not matter anymore!

Of course the price reduction will mean less revenue for Plusnet and will result in the service getting even worse....but hey, that's OK its cheaper.

It really is no wonder UK ISP's give out sh*t service when no one is prepared to pay and all the general public can think of is how can I get it cheaper.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jul-15 20:20:58
Print Post

[re: zom22] [link to this post]

Hey it's adslmax! smile

There are other ISPs out there who are willing to charge the customer more per month for their product package and services but they are not really targetting the so called "mass market".

plusnet user
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jul-15 20:27:31
Print Post

ok let put this way - how often will u need customer support fault team over two years? Why pay more for best customer service and no contract. U're end up paying more!

Ok, I might be saying PN going downfalls lately because of change in member account like current line speed disappear, tickets disappear, customer service on the phone calls approx 20-60 minutes waiting. But, my fibre & phone was fine over the last 17 months. The only issues was changed to DLM by BT a few months ago (g.inp issues) and speed congestion but that resolved a few days later.

I am expecting plusnet will get better and better in due course over the year. These things take time.

As for price reduction will mean less revenue for Plusnet (I am not sure of this one) but I think Plusnet will be ok and still there in two years time.

Edited by adslmax (Thu 30-Jul-15 20:30:31)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jul-15 20:58:57
Print Post

The few times I've needed PN CS any PN issues were quickly resolved, the last line fault I reported took a bit longer to fix than I expected but that was down to BT Openreach not Plusnet.

I'm happy with the PN product and the price I pay for it, I can only get ADSL1 from the 20CN exchange which is over 5 kilometres away so it ain't goin' to improve much if at all by paying a lot more money per month to a smaller/niche ISP AFAICS smile

plusnet user
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-Jul-15 21:09:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
I am expecting plusnet will get better and better in due course over the year. These things take time.
Good luck with that, i think you may well need it, based on my past experience 2yrs doesn't inspire any faith
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 30-Jul-15 21:51:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Plusnet & all other isps don't have Basic package like BT Basic package for pensioners and unemployed.

Yes I know. But we were specifically talking about line rental customers who don't have broadband, and BT Basic is an option for those who don't want broadband and are hardest up.

As for a line rental + broadband package, it's pointless viewing the prices in isolation, as I've already said, because whether you pay £15 line rental and £15 broadband, or £20 line rental and £10 broadband, either way you will pay £30.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Thu 30-Jul-15 21:52:31)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to